Established in 1989, the Asian American Federation (AAF) is a pan-Asian nonprofit leadership organization that represents and supports a network of nearly 70 Asian American community service organizations in New York City, which work in the fields of health & human services, education, economic development, civic participation, and social justice. AAF’s mission is to raise the influence and well-being of the pan-Asian American community through research, policy advocacy, public awareness, and organizational development.
This contract position will run from February 1, 2019 to July 31, 2019. It will be based in Flushing, Queens.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Bilingual Community Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for helping to implement the Union Street Small Business Assistance Program, working with Chinese and Korean small business owners. S/he will conduct outreach to the small businesses along the Union Street corridor, disseminate information about the program, and process the in-take and referral of small business clients. S/he will also implement strategies to attract customers, market businesses, and improve wayfinding for businesses along Union Street.
- Assisting in the facilitation of meetings and feedback sessions with small business stakeholders to ensure their participation in and cooperation with the program;
- Building relationships with various business stakeholders;
- Conducting outreach to and in-take of businesses to build their participation in the program;
- Referring businesses to technical assistance and loan programs as needed;
- Conducting surveys with businesses, consumers, and other relevant community stakeholders;
- Providing periodic reports on the project’s progress or on key issues and findings;
- Assisting with reporting and other deliverables to the funder;
- Attending periodic evening and weekend meetings as needed; and
- Assisting in the coordination of special events and other tasks that may be necessary to advance AAF’s organizational mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with 2-3 years of relevant experience in entrepreneurship, business counseling, marketing field campaigns, or related field
- Fluency in Mandarin required (speaking, reading, and writing); fluency in Korean a plus
- Knowledge of business development, real estate, urban planning, or community organizing preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize accordingly
- Superior relationship management skills, with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Salary is up to $45,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) plan.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume with [Last Name] Bilingual Community Outreach Coordinator in the subject line to HR@aafederation.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will begin immediately. No phone calls, please.
The Asian American Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.