The Public Theater is seeking a Manager of Special Events who will report to the Director, Special Events and be the lead in logistic planning for many Public Theater events in a fast-paced development office.
- Coordinate with Public Theater Front of House and Operations staff to manage event production needs (logistics, deliveries, storage/inventory, audio/visual, DJ, security, lighting, and any other vendors as needed) for 200 plus events a year, including Shakespeare in the Park Openings and Annual Gala
- Work with Development Assistant, Special Events in tracking event information in Tessitura: booking contributions, ticket orders, event RSVPs, event promotions and communication
- Manage ticketing and seating for all dinners and performances
- Coordinate with stakeholders to build and pull invitation lists from Tessitura database
- Work with Graphics Liaison to create copy for invitations and collateral for Opening Nights, dinners, receptions, benefits and ad hoc cultivation events
- Work with Events team on all event preparation including, but not limited to, creating placecards and seating labels, sending communication to attendees, and uploading guest lists on Zkipster (check-in system)
- Provide onsite support at events including: greet and seat guests at check-in, step + repeat set up, and event breakdown, troubleshooting, etc
- Assist the Director, Special Events in tracking event expenses and budgets; create and process vendor invoices
- Update events calendar and distribute event information to Development department and stakeholders
- Oversee the execution of the acknowledgement process and pledge payment follow up for Annual Gala and all other fundraising events
- Oversee invitation mailings and other administrative duties
- Serve as a point of contact for donors of all levels by providing event information for them through phone and email
The ideal candidate will have experience handling a wide range of executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, and have a positive attitude. The ability to interact with staff at all levels, remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Must be able to multi-task, and to work as part of a team. Ability to work some nights and weekends as required for events. Knowledge of Tessitura, as well as the NYC theater and arts industry a plus. Strongly prefer: 2+ years’ experience in executive level support, excellent calendar management skills, and strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.