Oakland School for the Arts (OSA) is a dynamic, thriving, diverse charter school in an urban environment that serves approximately 750 students in grades 6-12, tuition-free. We are seeking an Annual Fund Manager and Marketing/Communications Coordinator to join our outstanding staff.
This role works in collaboration with the Director of Advancement. The position requires strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task. Fund development is essential to the overall success of the organization and it is imperative that the person in this role be dedicated to supporting the Director of Advancement in meeting funding goals.
Director of Advancement
Annual Fund Management
- Responsible for implementing administrative and donor-related activities for the annual campaign while utilizing the support of the Director of Advancement and Advancement Associate.
- Manages all aspects of the annual campaign (including direct mail, email campaigns, special fundraising appeals)
- Acts as a spokesperson for the organization as needed to bring in funding, volunteers, etc. Attendance at some evening events and school meetings is required.
- Coordinates communications and updates with APT liaison.
- Provides organization, production and maintenance of annual campaign materials and data, coordination of all special event committees and volunteers.
- Consults with the Director of Advancement to strategize annual campaign fundraising efforts.
- Manage benefits packages for all donors
- Together with the Director of Advancement, team members and event hosts, organize Annual-Fund related events for individual donors and prospects
- Process all checks and online donations received, maintain a pledge calendar
- Run all monthly recurring gifts
- Run monthly reports from 3rd party sites (Facebook Payments, YourCause & Benevity) and maintain gifts database
- Work with Finance Department to ensure receipt and deposit of all gifts
Marketing / Communication
- Collaborate with Arts Chairs to write the quarterly donor-targeted newsletter, “Spotlight”
- Collaborate with Executive Director on monthly newsletter
- Assist with the preparation of high-quality donor correspondence particularly with direct mailings and acknowledgements.
- Provide direct support of communications activities, such as content creation and photo, video and story resource management
- Review OSA department print communications and marketing pieces for brand consistency
- Ensure that the OSA Home Page, News and Calendar items are kept up-to-date with images/messaging/content
- Make content edits, as needed, for Arts Department pages and throughout website
- Oversee OSA accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, consistently creating and posting dynamic content
- Experience with Special Events and/or Grant Writing
- Experience with fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge or other relational data base management software, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint in addition to desktop publishing skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Flexible and committed to excellence
Salary based on qualifications and experience, benefits package competitive
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years of professional experience including work in a nonprofit development department
- Skilled with data management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to function under pressure, meets deadlines, handle multiple requests, and provide detailed follow-through on various tasks
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships with a wide variety of people including both low income and wealthy individuals.
How to Apply
Apply via Edjoin – www.edjoin.org