CITYarts is a non- profit public art organization that engages youth and professional artists in the imaginative and creative process to produce public murals and mosaic that transforms our communities.
We are looking for a hard-working, committed, detail-oriented and enthusiastic development professional with a sense of urgency and a passionate commitment to youth and the arts. The position requires people skills as well as excellent writing and research abilities. The candidate must be a capable self-starter who works well as an individual, accepts directions, and works well in a team. Reports will be made to CITYarts’ & Creative Executive Director on a weekly basis.
Creative Executive Director
- Research and cultivate new sources of government, corporate, foundation and individual support in writing by phone and in-person
- Write and submit letters of inquiry and proposals
- Provide meticulous care in the appearance and content of work products
- Maintain system for tracking all development correspondence, reporting and supporter records
- Maintain fundraising calendar and donation records
- Provide staff support and outreach for the Annual Benefit and other fundraising events
- Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of prior development/fundraising experience
- Knowledge of non-profit arts development
- Excellent writing, presentation, research and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in writing grants and proposals to foundations, corporations, and individuals
- Ability to set goals and take ownership of duties
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Salesforce
- Starting salary commensurate with experience
- 2 weeks (10 business days) accrued vacation
- May join in 403B
- Health Insurance to be discussed on an individual basis
How to Apply
Please visit our website, www.cityarts.org, to view important information about our organization and recent projects prior to applying.
Email current résumé and a detailed, one-page cover letter to Tsipi Ben-Haim, Executive & Creative Director, at email@example.com Please include in the subject line: Job Application, Development Coordinator.