For over four decades, National Dance Institute has been delivering its award-winning arts and learning programs to public school children throughout New York City and around the world in the belief that the arts, and dance and music in particular, have a unique power to engage children and motivate them toward excellence.
National Dance Institute (NDI) seeks a Communications & Brand Manager to serve as primary writer, editor, graphic designer and in-house publications manager for all NDI print, web materials and online content. The Communications & Brand Manager will also manage the organization’s website, support public relations activities, and manage all communications strategies for NDI.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing and strategic thinking skills along with strong design experience, as well as a passion for brand building. In addition, we are looking for excellent typography and layout skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to manage a project from concept to final production in a fast-paced, creative environment.
Executive Director and Marketing Director
- Conceptualize and design compelling and impactful collateral, including web, mobile and print;
- Develop targeted, strategic marketing materials that articulate the NDI brand and tell our story;
- Design and execute engaging web and social media content to support fundraising campaigns, program and brand initiatives;
- Craft, produce, and revise written content for fundraising, program, and brand initiatives;
- Utilize project management skills to shepherd projects from beginning to end, on time and on budget;
- Generate and oversee all design projects, including, but not limited to, annual reports, promotional brochures, event collateral, direct mail fundraising packages, website graphics, social media, and email templates;
- Work collaboratively across departments to translate departmental needs into innovative, eye-catching, and on-brand design solutions;
- Identify, negotiate contracts for, manage, and evaluate outside vendors;
- Maintain uMaintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, with an emphasis on website, social, and mobile applicationp-to-date knowledge of industry trends, with an emphasis on website, social, and mobile application.
- Bachelors degree and minimum 3 years related experience;
- Superior writing, editing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Good design, typographical sensibilities and problem-solving abilities;
- Able to work proactively with various departments, as well as be a self-starter in getting projects off the ground and taking initial concepts forward to a highly polished product on deadline;
- Must be organized with a strong attention to detail, and be able to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Able to take direction and work well both independently and collaboratively;
- Able to listen to and synthesize needs;
- Able to prioritize and work in an energetic and fast-paced environment;
- Self-starter and quick learner;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, HTML/Dreamweaver, WordPress, and email marketing software, particularly Constant Contact, advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- Photography and videography experience a plus;
- Experience working with Mac operating systems and in a Mac networked environment.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume, a cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered. This is an immediate opening and the position will remain open until filled. We will only respond to those with whom an interview is requested.
No calls and no recruiters, please.
National Dance Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion, and engages employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation.