Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers (RFOV) is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote stewardship of our public lands by engaging the community in volunteer trail and restoration projects.
The Marketing, Program and Administrative Coordinator serves as the primary support staff person to coordinate and implement RFOV’s marketing and volunteer recruitment programs and oversee the management of the RFOV office operations, including data management. Additional duties include support for RFOV projects, programs and volunteer committees.
RFOV Executive Director
Marketing – in coordination with the volunteer Marketing & Publications Committee and staff:
- Create fliers; posters; email blasts, print and radio advertisements to promote RFOV projects and events.
- Design, produce, and distribute newsletters, the annual project announcement brochure, and other printed materials.
- Draft public relations materials, including news releases, media alerts,fact sheets and other materials as directed; assemble media and sponsor packets as needed.
- Develop and maintain relations with editors, reporters and other media contacts.
Web and Social Media:
- Manage RFOV website, including updates, maintenance, and creating project sign-up pages.
- Demonstrate creative, effective, and sustainable social media approaches that are updated daily.
- Community management of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.
- Develop and maintain e-communications with constituents, e.g. e-newsletters to donors, volunteers, internal newsletter, etc.
Volunteer Coordination and Program Assistance: Respond to volunteer queries and sign-ups. Facilitate the development of specific RFOV programs in one or more areas in addition to marketing. This typically means working with a volunteer committee or team.
RFOV Memberships: Maintain records, send renewal letters and process donor acknowledgments.
Data Management: Manage the RFOV database and our current donor and volunteer management software. Tasks include data input, assembling cumulative data from various sources for report generation, and processing volunteer sign-ups.
Office Management: Provide general supportive services to RFOV staff and volunteers including scheduling, working with vendors to maintain the computer network and office machines.
Communication: Facilitate good communication between RFOV and volunteers, funders, partners, and the community at large.
Other Duties as Assigned: Perform related duties as required for purposes of supporting and strengthening the mission and purpose of RFOV.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, however, applicable work experience may substitute for the educational preferences.
- Well developed graphic design skills with experience in Adobe InDesign required.
- One to two years of nonprofit or small business marketing and/or administrative support experience.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, email, the internet; and Microsoft Access or other data bases.
- Experience managing websites with WordPress experience preferred.
- Experience with CRM software for donor and volunteer management.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, reliable, with a results- and solution-oriented perspective, organized with an attention to detail, flexible with strong time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to prepare special reports according to general instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented.
- Experience in effective, engaging, and creative social media community management.
- Some local travel, night meetings and weekends required.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license and clean driving record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. RFOV is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
$18 - $22/hr depending on experience. Benefits include paid time off, mileage reimbursement, retirement plan and contribution to a health insurance plan.
Location: Basalt, CO - RFOV Office
How to Apply
Application Deadline: February 8, 2019 by 4:30PM MST.
How to Apply:
Send a resume, cover letter, three professional references, and three examples each of your writing and graphic skills to: David Hamilton, Executive Director, Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers, PO Box 1341, Basalt, CO 81621 or email materials to email@example.com. Phone and email inquiries acceptable.
Organizational information can be found at www.rfov.org.