About She the People
She the People is a national network connecting women of color to transform our democracy. We are elevating and amplifying the voices and power of women of color as leaders, political strategists, organizers, and voters. She the People is a rapidly growing start-up that is creating an inclusive, multiracial coalition driving a new progressive political and cultural era. She the People has an ambitious set of goals and plans for 2019, involving place-based and online communications and convening (events) that set the organization up to become a go-to resource around the 2020 Presidential Election and more.
You believe in elevating the political voice of women of color. You are savvy to understand the nuance in communicating with executives, elected officials, community partners, and other stakeholders, treating all with respect and moving fluidly between different contexts. You are organized and energetic, proactive and flexible, detail oriented with outstanding follow through. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience being an early team member in a start-up, knowing this means you wear multiple hats and will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the entire organization from the ground up. You possess a deep commitment to our vision of building love, justice, belonging, and democracy in the world. You have the confidence to know which skills and strengths you contribute to our mission and can connect the dots between your task list and our broader goals. You have awesome interpersonal skills and a customer service-orientation. Your writing and verbal communication skills are excellent, and your ability to use good judgment in making decisions make you a trusted confidante and ambassador. You have experience supporting a busy executive and can anticipate her needs, while managing your own time and tasks. You’ve worked in a fundraising environment where every email or call could be the next big funding relationship that catapults the organization toward exponential growth and impact.
About the Job
The Executive Assistant is the right-hand of She the People’s Founder & President, Aimee Allison. In addition to management of Aimee’s daily schedule, the Executive Assistant is responsible for arranging travel, preparing materials in advance of meetings, ensuring seamless logistics and tracking next steps and follow through. This role also makes a significant contribution to growing the She the People team and in supporting the execution of strategic initiatives throughout the year, including events.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Executive Coordination and Support (40%)
- Ensure timely preparation, follow-up, efficient execution of next steps, and documentation for all of the Founder/President’s meetings
- Coordinate preparation for the Founder/President’s presentations and speaking engagements, including media interviews
- Monitor the Founder/President’s inbox, ensuring timely responses and lifting up critical matters to her attention
- Arrange and coordinate logistics for meetings, including ordering food, preparing agendas and other materials, ensuring effective technology, etc.
- Manage reimbursements and submit credit card and other receipts to support accurate accounting and financial reporting
- Attend key events and support follow up as directed by the Founder/President
- Provide on-site support during events and speaking engagements as needed; some light domestic travel may be required
- Draft correspondence from the Founder/President, including emails, memos and other written communications
- Independently handle matters of a confidential nature of which prescribed policies may not apply, exercising judgment and initiative in determining solutions and actions to be taken, and advising the Founder/President of the outcome
- Troubleshoot challenges encountered by the She the People executive team as needed
- Support and lead other projects as directed by the Founder/President
- Schedule Management (30%)
- Manage Founder/President’s calendar, schedule all meetings and communicate internally and externally to confirm meetings
- Work closely with Founder/President to ensure schedule accuracy and strategic alignment with organizational priorities
- Manage the Founder/President’s travel, including all travel logistics (flight, hotel, car, airport travel), conference registrations, participation in events, preparing and communicating clear itineraries and troubleshooting when on the road
- Vet requests to meet with the Founder/President or attend/speak at conferences and events; provide key information about audience and opportunity to support strong decision making and prioritization of time
- Board Administrative Support (15%)
- Schedule and coordinate Board, Committee and Stakeholder Meetings in partnership with the Development and Program leads
- Prepare and provide materials and ensure their timely delivery for Board meetings
- Coordinate logistics of all Board meetings (space, hospitality, etc.)
- Attend and take minutes at all Board Meetings
- Communicate with Board on relevant logistics in a timely manner
- Operations and Organizational Development (15%)
- Support programs, events and initiatives that require all-hands-on-deck as needed
- Serve as a secondary or back-up liaison between She the People and its fiscal sponsor and partners, sharing information and bringing forward opportunities for stronger collaboration and efficiencies
- Troubleshoot She the People’s Salesforce CRM and shared Google drive in partnership with the development and operations staff; ensure that the Founder/President’s contacts and next steps are updated in Salesforce at all times
- Contribute to activities and initiatives that develop our team as a whole (e.g., staff meetings) and/or require a team effort for success (e.g., social media campaigns)
- Oversee office operations, including but not limited to ordering supplies, troubleshooting IT issues and supporting the productivity of the full team
- Strong commitment to She the People’s vision and mission and ability to infuse its values into organizational operations
- Impeccable ethics and ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality, diplomacy, tact and high professional standards
- Capacity to flourish in a fast-paced environment, including enthusiasm for taking initiative and problem solving, eagerness to preemptively meet the organization’s needs and ability to maintain professionalism during intense periods of activity
- Maximum ability to be flexible and adaptable to the organization’s needs, contribute to team success and pivot priorities when necessary
- Support Founder/President’s decision making, bring clarity to next steps and drive those forward
- Interest to grow professional competencies and responsibilities as the organization grows
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience, particularly as an executive assistant
- Tech and digital savvy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications, and familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with internal and external colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including by phone, email, in-person, and in other professional documents and settings
- Strong time management, task prioritization and ability to meet multiple/simultaneous deadlines
- Ability to “manage up,” anticipating the needs of the Founder/President and supporting her effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to participate in weekly virtual or in-person meetings.
- Availability during regular business hours and flexibility during evenings and weekends as needed to prepare for, attend events or troubleshoot while the Founder/President is on the road
She the People offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a 401k retirement savings program, medical and dental coverage, vacation and sick leave, and paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please email a brief cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your application, please indicate how you learned about the opening and provide three professional references (including a past supervisor) and the date you would be available to begin work. Generic cover letters will not be reviewed.