ANGARI Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private operating foundation (EIN# 81-1526218) established in 2016 and headquartered in West Palm Beach, FL. The Foundation is dedicated to creating a global community that is interested, knowledgeable and invested in marine and environmental sciences by directly supporting research initiatives that foster a greater trust and dialogue between scientists and the public. ANGARI Foundation uses innovative technology, film and other media to raise awareness and strengthen science education. Many of the Foundation’s primary initiatives involve R/V ANGARI, a 65-foot vessel that serves as an exceptional research and education platform. For more information visit www.angari.org.
The ANGARI Foundation is seeking applications for a Part-time Director of Development to help this young and growing nonprofit raise funds for support of its programs across research, education, and film.
- Identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, and other activities related to seeking private funding support at the introductory to major gift level from individuals, corporations, businesses, and foundations, including sponsorships for programs.
- Work collaboratively with the ANGARI Foundation leadership and Board of Directors to build, foster, and strengthen relationships with donors and prospects, prioritizing those with the capacity to donate at the major gift level, but ranging from annual fund to major gift support.
- Direct the development and implementation of short and long-term strategies and goals for significant growth from donors and prospects, using a moves management plan.
- Identify and convey relevant grant funding opportunities and assist, where applicable, the ANGARI Foundation Director of Science Education and Advancement – the organization’s primary grant writer - with inquiries, applications, proposals, and follow-through reports and correspondence.
- Manage and update, on a timely basis, all information related to major donors and prospects in a central database, in a manner that emphasizes the highest standards of integrity.
- Coordinate and guide donor stewardship, including overseeing donor acknowledgment letters and follow up correspondence.
- Provide oversight and strategy for ANGARI Foundation’s annual fund program, including periodic appeals via mail, email, and/or social media, as well as mini-campaigns such as Giving Tuesday or specific Foundation initiatives.
- Assist in crafting fundraising-related collateral and infrastructure deemed strategic such as Sponsorship Opportunities, Membership Program and Benefits, Giving Societies, and/or other.
- Direct strategy and guide programming for possible friend- and fund-raising related activities and events.
- Maintain working knowledge of ANGARI Foundation programmatic priorities and projects.
- Attend occasional evening and weekend events on behalf of the Foundation.
- Identify, cultivate, and obtain sponsors for Foundation-hosted events (average 1 per year).
Skills or Software: Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Must be able to treat confidential and sensitive information appropriately. Experience with database management a plus.
Experience and Abilities: Minimum three years of development experience. Proven track record of soliciting major gifts and/or sponsorships. Able to work independently with minimal supervision. Able to self-motivate and work with diverse constituencies. Strong writing skills and a record of success in fundraising communications. Experience with scientific or environmental subject areas a plus.
Commensurate with experience. To be discussed during interview.
Required Degree, Licenses, or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Florida Individual Professional Fundraiser Registration
How to Apply
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- (3) Professional References
Please email all application materials together to Angela Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions regarding this position should also be directed to Ms. Rosenberg.