ANGARI Foundation is dedicated to creating a global community that is interested, knowledgeable and invested in marine and environmental sciences by directly supporting research initiatives that foster a greater trust and dialogue between scientists and the public. ANGARI Foundation also uses innovative technology, film and other media to raise awareness and strengthen science education. Many of the Foundation’s primary initiatives involve R/V ANGARI, a 65-foot vessel that serves as an exceptional research and educational platform.
ANGARI Foundation is seeking a part-time Digital Media Associate to design and use digital marketing tools, social media, email blasts, print materials and website updates to create and implement communications and promotional strategies for the Foundation. The Digital Media Associate will be an integral part of the ANGARI team and will be expected to participate in and attend events on behalf of the Foundation in order to support and communicate the Foundation’s goals and key messages. If candidate is successful in the position, there is the potential for this to turn into a full-time position.
1. General Media and Marketing
- Plan and complete daily social media postings and increase engagement (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Design creative and cost-effective promotional materials as needed
- Develop and implement approved marketing strategies
- Write and/or contribute to press releases and develop media relationships in order to have these press releases published
- Create regular e-blasts using MailChimp and/or similar programs
- Keep website updated
- Assist in database management
2. Expedition-specific Media and Marketing
- Create expedition-specific marketing plans
- Implement developed marketing plans, including participating in research expeditions at sea
- Photograph and film, as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Degree in relevant communications, marketing or similar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated; willing and able to take leadership responsibilities
- Ability and strong desire to consistently meet deadlines
- Experience working with computers
- Experience posting to social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, including photos, videos, tagging, engagement, etc.
- Knowledge of website editing, specifically Wordpress
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom)
- Ability to work effectively in both team and individual settings
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in scientific writing and/or journalism
- Experience in website editing and coding, HTML
- Experience in photography and film, including editing skills
- Graphic design experience
- Knowledge of marine and/or environmental science
Commensurate with experience; number of hours per week to be discussed in interview
This position requires working out of ANGARI Foundation's headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. Working remotely is not possible at this time.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio of work and (3) references to Angela Rosenberg at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.