Columbia University is geared as never before to address world issues from climate change to social justice. The Columbia Commitment builds partnerships with donors and volunteers sharing an urgent sense of what Columbians can do for our students and the world.
The Learning and Development Specialist for the Office of Alumni and Development will be responsible for initiatives focused on developing talent and fostering a culture of continuous learning for staff. This position will be charged with looking at all areas of the employee life cycle to identify ways in which learning experiences can be enhanced for staff, which will include but not limited to onboarding, new hire orientation, peer-to-peer training, and a Columbia speakers series. This position will report to the Director of Recruitment and Professional Development and is a member of the Human Resources and Talent Management Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct needs analysis to identify skill gaps and make training recommendations.
- Designs, develops, delivers and evaluates training curriculum to support learning objectives that align with organizational goals.
- Create and design instructor-led and on-demand learning modules such as e-learning programs and podcasts.
- Manage and execute all aspects of training, including communications such as class invitations, registration information, attendance confirmation; venue logistics; and training administration such as program material preparation, catering, and vendor partnerships.
- Work closely with members of the Human Resources and Talent Management Team on the branding of new learning and development programs.
- Research and manage training resources and vendor relationships.
- Develop assessments to measure the effectiveness of the curriculum and learner performance in the workplace, integrating results into new and existing course curriculum.
- Track and synthesize training data, report on metrics, and provide feedback and recommendations on enhancements and future offerings.
- Summarize and disseminate data and findings through regular reports and presentations.
- Maintain and curate the learning and development intranet page.
- Utilize the Columbia University learning and development system to promote learning opportunities.
- Work with internal teams to increase awareness of learning programs and present updates to staff.
- Partner with offices on Columbia's campus to provide resources and offerings.
- Manage budget reconciliation for learning and development expenses.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. A minimum of four (4) years of related experience with instructional design and adult learning techniques required. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, facilitate, monitor and evaluate). Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required. Ability to interact with employees at all levels in a team environment is a must.
- Experience with Learning Management System, e-learning development tools and Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer --Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=174466