ABOUT UNITY HEALTH CARE
As the largest network of community health centers in Washington, D.C., Unity Health Care provides a full-range of health and human services to meet the needs of our communities through a network of over 20 traditional and non-traditional health sites. Our team of compassionate and multicultural health professionals place Unity values into action every day to bring whole-person care and wellness to over 104,000 patients through 500,000 visits annually. Deeply rooted in the District’s neighborhoods for over 30 years, Unity strives to promote healthier communities through compassion and comprehensive primary and specialty health care and wrap-around services, regardless of ability to pay.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse workforce. Unity does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. Unity also offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, designed to help employees meet various needs throughout their careers and lives.
Unity Health Care, Inc. seeks a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to support the organization in promoting healthier communities through compassion and comprehensive health and human services, driving change within the health care system, and advocating for historically underserved communities. The COO will be an integral member of Unity’s senior management team and will oversee and direct all internal and health care center operations and administration. The COO will also be an essential contributor to the agency’s growth planning process and will help shape the future of a fast-growing, financially healthy, well-respected health center organization. In addition, the COO must lead by example to motivate staff and deliver measurable, accountable, cost-effective results that further the mission of the organization.
Reporting to the CEO and serving as a key member of the leadership team, the COO will focus on building, implementing, and overseeing the organizational strategy to ensure that the $100M institution is best equipped to serve the diverse medical needs of 100,000 patients during a time of sweeping change in the health care industry. The COO will have responsibility for leading and managing all operational and administrative aspects of the organization, including HR, IT, Facilities, Grants Management/Planning, Legal, and other operations. Finally, the COO will work to support a high-quality health care delivery system with a particular focus on value-based care by improving the patient experience of care, improving the health of populations, reducing the per capita cost of health care, and improving the work life of Unity’s staff.
The ideal candidate is a highly experienced health care leader with the ability to develop and empower high-performing teams. They will be deeply passionate about health outcomes and community change and will bring a broad skillset and experience to support Unity’s continued growth and functioning. Further, the successful candidate will possess excellent operational and financial acumen and will bring a track record of success in developing and implementing innovative health care solutions.
- With the CEO, spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators tied to organizational outcomes, supporting a success-oriented environment
- Identify new strategic partners, ventures, and potential areas for revenue growth, providing solutions that improve Unity’s ability to provide high-quality patient care
- Direct the development and implementation of long-term capital strategies and budgets, with a focus on driving the growth and overall success of the organization
Operations and Infrastructure
- Lead and manage the operational infrastructure of Unity, ensuring close alignment with the organization’s strategic plan and further developing a high-functioning operations department
- Lead Unity’s HR, IT, Grants Management/Planning, and Facilities functions, managing the development and implementation of strategic plans and supporting infrastructure
- Oversee all health center operations, ensuring that Unity’s infrastructure is able to support high-quality health care delivery and value-based care
- With the Chief Financial Officer, oversee the financial projections, budgets, and analyses of existing programs and policies, identifying opportunities for innovation in the changing healthcare market
- Collaborate with the Chief Medical Officer to ensure that the clinical and non-clinical administrative processes are integrated and operating at optimal efficiency to enable patient care
- Ensure Unity’s compliance with all national, state, and city regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements
- Ensure the necessary technology, security protocols, and office infrastructure are in place to support a large, complex organization
Team Leadership and Development
- Lead, motivate, and provide coaching for Unity’s senior leadership team, fostering collaboration, accountability, and innovation
- Support a culture that promotes Unity’s servant leadership philosophy, placing the needs of others first and supporting people to perform at their highest potential
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across the organization to support the achievement of Unity’s overall mission while promoting a culture of mutual support
- Grow staff capacity in critical skill and competency areas, recruiting the very best talent for the organization and operating from a succession planning mindset
- Carry out initiatives on best practices in organizational management, performance management, leadership development, and workforce planning.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- 8+ years of experience in senior-level health service administration required
- Experience working with Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) strongly preferred
- Experience working in health center operations in multiple sites strongly preferred
- Deep commitment to the mission of Unity
- Superb interpersonal skills with experience motivating, coaching, and developing high-performing teams
- A track record of creating and implementing innovative solutions that transform an organization
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining focus on high-level organizational goals
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate closely with service providers, partner organizations, DC government agencies, and others
- Exceptional communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation formats
- Fundraising experience is a plus
How to Apply
To apply, please follow link: