The Chief Communications Officer at Converse College serves as the College’s chief marketing, branding and communications officer, is a key member of the College’s leadership team and serves on the President’s Cabinet. The CCO has overall responsibility for communications, messaging, marketing and branding activity for the College. The CCO represents and promotes the College, increasing its visibility and reputation and advancing the institution’s mission, vision, and goals.
The CCO will oversee the evolution and implementation of a cohesive communications, marketing and branding strategy for the College in all forms of media in its outreach to external and internal constituencies. The CCO oversees the day-to-day and strategic management of media and public relations, website design and content, marketing and advertising as well as social media and crisis communication.
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Leads the development and implementation of the College’s brand vision, strategy, and public relations campaigns to attract the best students, motivate alumni and donors, recruit high quality faculty and staff, and ensure broad and appropriate dissemination of important Converse stories, events and facts in a rapidly changing competitive marketplace.
- Leads and supervises the College’s team of marketing and communications professionals, including direct reports in the division and other communications managers across campus, while providing strategic direction for the marketing and communications materials produced by other academic and administrative units.
- Oversees planning and coordination, and participates in the design and production of all marketing, public relations and advertising products, in partnership with communications managers in other divisions.
- Responsible for development and execution of plan that ensures effective and consistent communications with College’s major external constituencies, including alumni, donors, media, the general public and partners.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations including budgeting, planning, staff development and management.
- Develops long and short term actionable social media strategies and associated metrics.
- Responsible for the development, and the creation of concepts and content for a wide range of external and internal communications, including articles, letters, speeches and publications on behalf of the President, the division of Institutional Advancement, and the college.
- Develops, participates, and oversees an internal communications strategy to provide regular, effective communications that strengthens the Converse community.
- Serves as writer and editor of annual Magazine and annual Alumnae/I Newsletter
- Oversees and contributes to web site development and content
- Compliance with the College’s Service Expectations
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree with a major in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or a related field is required.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- At least eight years of experience in marketing and/or communications. Experience must include the following formats: print and electronic; internal and external; website; advertising and marketing; public and media relations.
- Five years of management experience.
- The ability to develop and implement strategic communications and marketing plans is required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, and a mindset that prioritizes clear, congenial, effective and open communications.
- Experience in leading and managing a team and in establishing excellent working relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a strategic and creative team.
We believe that a diverse faculty and staff are essential to achieving academic excellence; thus, we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.