The Director will have primary responsibility for the management and oversight of a Direct Response program slated to raise approx. $12M in FY20. They will manage third party vendor relationships, all operational tasks associated with the work of the department, strategy development, and the implementation and analysis of a complex, aggressive and integrated multi-channel fundraising and constituency development program.
Working closely with VP of Individual Philanthropy and CDO, oversee planning, implementation and analysis of the Direct Response program’s mail, email, telephone, digital advertising, and web-based efforts in fundraising, donor retention and cultivation, and new donor and lead acquisition. Monitor, review, and ensure the effective and timely implementation of the work of the Direct Response program.
The Director will have extensive experience in managing both offline and online campaigns, with an emphasis on digital programs – an area Americares Direct Response is aiming to grow in the coming years. We expect the Director to have insights, experience, and aptitude at implementing complex digital fundraising, cultivation and lead generation programs, including web, email, search, display, and social media channels.
As the primary user of systems, database technologies, and segmentation, and the owner of the largest portfolio of donors, the Director oversees operations for the Development department as a whole, including budgeting and forecasting, segmentation and donor coding, database use, hygiene, and business processes.
Vice President, Individual Philanthropy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raise a total of $12M in funding for FY20
- Manage production of 16 annual mail campaigns, comprehensive digital campaigns (including digital advertising, web promotions, social promotions), which 50 annual email sends
- Ensure direct marketing campaigns are meeting the broader strategic plans and goals of the organization
- Manage strategy, messaging, content, and audience selections for marketing campaigns; ensuring the timely review, approval, and implementation of the components involved in individual direct response campaigns
- Manage direction and collection of content needed for direct response efforts
- Approve all artwork and copy
- Manage third-party Direct Marketing agency
- Manage third-party lockbox vendor
- Working with agency, present monthly summary reviews and assessments to the senior leadership
- Support the effective participation in the work of the direct response program by our Marketing/Communications and Donor Relations departments
- Oversee the accumulation and analysis of data associated Direct Response program performance
- Manage Direct Response program expense budget
- When natural disaster strikes, pivot strategy to maximize disaster revenue, with emphasis on ensuring the organization is “first to market”, including getting the first web and social assets up in 6 hours and the first appeal (digital and offline, if appropriate) out in 24 hours
- In Emergency situations, coordinate with the rest of Development and Marketing and Communications on organizational messaging and responses
- Ownership of all donor segmentation, coding, analysis protocol, and database hygiene as locally administered by individual departments
- Supervise Development Operations Manager, who will liaise with other departments in Development to maintain data hygiene, business process standards, segmentation integrations, and more.
- Expertise in direct marketing (especially digital) with knowledge of production processes, key performance metrics and measurement methodologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage all phases of multiple projects from beginning to end with sufficient autonomy
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations based on analysis and expertise
- CRM database experience (BBCRM or RE preferred)
- Ability to work well with people from all levels of the organization
- 7+ years experience in direct response or related field
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to : https://americares.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/634?c=americares