Student Leadership Network supports two life-changing programs that empower students to break the cycle of poverty through education: The Young Women’s Leadership Schools, a network of high-performing all-girls public secondary schools, and CollegeBound Initiative, a school-based college access program for young women and men. YWLN programs promote a college-going culture in schools and makes the dream of college a reality for students from low-income communities. To learn more, visit www.studentleadershipnetwork.org.
Student Leadership Network is seeking a Director of Individual Giving (DIG) to supervise all aspects of our individual giving strategy and operations. The DIG will be responsible to grow all areas of individual giving including: Major Gifts ($10K+), Mid-Level Donors ($1K-$9,999) and Participation Gifts to over $1.3M by 2022. Reporting to the Managing Director of Development, the DIG will play a critical role in building a top-notch individual giving program and significantly scaling this revenue area for the Young Women’s Leadership Network. This role will partner closely with the Founder and President, the Executive Director, the Managing Director of Development, the Leadership Team, and the Board to achieve the major gifts fundraising goals and to build the pipeline of future donors.
The DIG must be comfortable interacting with and proactively building relationships with high-net worth individuals. He/she should have a demonstrated track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans. He/she should be an expert fundraiser with the ability to create personalized cultivation and stewardship plans, and a track-record of soliciting and securing major gifts ($10K+). He/she should be charismatic and highly organized; have superb written and oral communication skills; be technologically savvy; be a strong researcher and editor; have immaculate attention to detail; be able to multi-task and accomplish deadlines; and be energetic and committed to achieving excellent results. A demonstrated passion for expanding educational opportunities as a means of breaking the cycle of poverty is essential.
Managing Director of Development
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and implement the plan for managing and growing relationships with individual donors to achieve the revenue projections articulated in YWLN’s three-year development plan.
- Design and execute new and creative donor engagement strategies to significantly increase funding from existing, lapsed and new individual donors.
- Set annual revenue goals for each major donor to manage and grow each relationship; analyze progress and re-evaluate plans each quarter.
- Develop robust cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans customized for each donor and prospect in the portfolio.
- Build and manage relationships with prospects and donors through meetings, personalized outreach, event invitations, and regular communications efforts. Work with the MD of Communications to develop high-impact, compelling materials and messaging.
- Partner with the Founder and President, Executive Director, the Managing Director of Development, and the Board to significantly scale and to meet Major Gift fundraising goals.
- Use sophisticated prospect research techniques to expand the pipeline of Major Gift prospects. Develop an entrepreneurial approach to move prospects forward and to secure their financial support.
- Passion for Student Leadership Network’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of major gifts and fundraising experience in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to solicit five to six-figure gifts and steward a portfolio of high-level donors.
- Proven ability to generate revenue growth and meet ambitious revenue goals; ability to identify new opportunities without direction from supervisor.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator as demonstrated by exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines. Commitment to excellent results and deadline-driven.
- Knowledge and implementation of development best practices, including using data to make informed decisions.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Work, Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce experience a plus.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
Competitive/commensurate with experience. FLSA Status: Exempt. Student Leadership Network is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to DIG@studentleadershipnetwork.org
Please mention where you saw this ad.