NHS NEW HAVEN is hiring a part-time Fundraising & Development Specialist!
This is the perfect job for you if:
- You love working in development.
- You care about New Haven and the surrounding area.
- You love: writing, researching, and analyzing data.
- You are well-versed in Salesforce and Foundation Directory Online.
- You want to work 20-25 hours per week (3 day, 4 day, or 5 day week okay).
What We Do & How You Fit In:
NHS New Haven promotes home ownership for people of all income levels. We provide education and financial coaching. We rehabilitate homes and help residents take charge of their neighborhoods. Our holistic approach to social justice merges community building with direct service. As Fundraising and Development Specialist, you will further our mission to revitalize neighborhoods throughout the region.
NHS New Haven is a member of the national NeighborWorks® America Network.
The Fundraising & Development Specialist is a part-time 20 hour/week position. You will work with the communications & development team to reach funding goals and develop strategies for donor engagement.
Are You Our Ideal Candidate?
You may be, if you:
- Have excellent writing and interpersonal skills and strong organizing skills
- Are assertive, outgoing, and professional.
Communications and Development Manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications & Event Planning
Assist the Communications and Development Manager in creating and disseminating:
- Annual campaigns,
- Media & PR, and
- Mass mailings.
Help plan and implement events.
- Identify, approach, and secure sponsors and other funding sources for events and programs.
- Attend events.
- Assist with pre- and post-event marketing.
- Maintain Salesforce database of donors and prospects.
- Track funding sources.
- Assist manager in creating monthly reports for the Board of Directors.
- Assist the Communications and Development Manager in planning major gifts outreach.
- As appropriate, call donors to discuss their giving plans.
- Ensure accurate and timely donor recognition. Prepare and deliver post-event sponsor reports and thank-you letters.
Grant Writing and Administration
- Identify new opportunities.
- Develop, write, and edit grant proposals, applications, and reports.
- Meet or exceed annual goals for revenue and number of applications submitted.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Provide regular reports to leadership and program staff, including monthly tracking and forecasting grant payouts.
- Ensure grant implementation complies with donor requirements.
- Collaborate with the finance department on invoicing, accounting, budgeting, reporting, and other administrative functions involved in the grant process.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide detailed progress reports to funders and management.
REQUIRED Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in English, Spanish, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or a related field
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in grant writing and/or fundraising.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with Salesforce and Foundation Directory Online
- Experience with Mailchimp, Facebook for fundraising, LinkedIn
- Superior writing skills
- Strong track record of meeting simultaneous deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience and high comfort level seeking major gifts
This job is paid hourly.
Work at Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS New Haven) location.
You can work 20-25 hours per week (3 day, 4 day, or 5 day week okay).
To Succeed In This Job, You Will Be:
Strategic, creative, organized, efficient & effective;
Professional, diplomatic, and mature;
Able to work independently and deal with rapidly changing priorities;
Be passionate about mission-driven work and social justice;
Respect and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample to:
James A. Paley, Executive Director:
No calls please!
NHS New Haven is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.