Grants Associate/Sponsored Programs
We are seeking a full-time Grants Associate to join the staff of a thriving Research and Sponsored Programs Office in an Institution of Higher Education setting. We offer a challenging work environment in which one has the opportunity to grow and learn about public and private grants and contracts in an academic setting.
Working in a team environment, the position provides administrative support for pre-award and post-award functions to faculty and staff engaged in sponsored program activity. Pre-award support includes funding opportunity research and dissemination of information to faculty and staff, providing guidance to faculty/staff on Sponsor guidelines, review of application components for compliance with sponsor guidelines and relevant regulations, assistance with workshops, and other duties as assigned. Post-award support includes: processing and tracking of project budget/expenditures, compliance with sponsor reporting requirements, assisting with submission of progress reports and other duties as assigned.
Closing date: 90 days from posting or until filled.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution, and no fewer than three years (3) of related experience;
- Knowledge of the field of grants proposal writing, sponsored program and research administration;
- Working knowledge of various government agency and corporate sponsored program requirements and practices;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies; ability to explain complex concepts to professional college staff, college officials, RF administrators, and, when appropriate, the public; ability to listen and respond to the concerns/ideas of others.
- Ability to analyze proposals and contracts and identify areas needing resolution;
- Knowledge of key office technology and software for tracking sponsored programs;
- Ability to work independently and to be part of a team;
- Ability to set priorities and adjust strategies to changing needs;
- Ability to work effectively with staff, associates, and internal and external constituents.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references through the web portal https://www.rfcuny.org/careers, select Administrative Services and respond to Job Title: Grants Associate (PVN ID BK-1903-003011). THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, E-VERIFY EMPLOYER