The Director of Corporate Relations will be responsible for identifying, cultivating and stewarding contributions, sponsorship and underwriting for The New York Botanical Garden's programs in horticulture, education and botanical science, including general operating support for programs, sponsorships for fundraising events and galas, and exhibition underwriting for the Garden's large-scale exhibition program. The Director of Corporate Relations will focus on gifts of $50,000 and above and contribute to the corporate division's annual fundraising goal of more than $3 million.
- Oversee a portfolio of current corporate donors and identify, cultivate and acquire new corporate donors, and develop strategies and work with development colleagues, Garden leadership and Trustees to close gifts.
- Create renewal proposals, reports, and inquiry letters.
- Oversee the prospect research, solicitations, and stewardship of assigned portfolio.
- Work with colleagues in program areas and finance to develop proposals, reports, and budgets that correspond to the needs of the Garden and the requests of the corporations.
- Conduct research and create prospect lists for support of programs, exhibitions and capital projects.
- Assist with corporate site visits, member days, and volunteer visits. Work as a team member of the Corporate Relations staff in the production of the department's overall work and in setting priorities to meet fundraising goals.
- Be available to work occasional evenings and weekends at special events and to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred. Minimum of six years of fundraising work experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently on concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Proactive, Creative and strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to create spreadsheets, mail merges, and tracking documents.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous and consistent in matters of accuracy, presentation, and attention to detail.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge.
To express your interest, please submit a cover letter and resume.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website at: