Greenpeace is a global, independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. For almost fifty years, Greenpeace has fought to save the planet from the threat of global warming, destruction of ancient forests, deterioration of our oceans, and the threat of a nuclear disaster. Greenpeace does not accept funds from any corporations or government entities, safeguarding our independence and ability to speak the truth and act boldly. We recognize the importance of the moment: ours is the first generation to understand and experience the impacts of climate change and global scale ecosystem destruction, and the last generation with a window of time to do something about it.
The IT Assistant is a member of the Information Technology team and reports to IT Solutions Support Team Leader. The assistant is an integral member of the IT Department for Greenpeace U.S. and provides additional support to our staff in their day to day work to create greater capacity and support for the organization. The assistant is responsible for general and logistical support for the overall IT Department.
The IT Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Decommissioning the older models of desktops and prepare replacements.
- Remove the hard drives from the laptops and organize with the E-Cycle vendor.
- Organize the hardware in the IT office and server room.
- Prepare the list of hardware that is needed in the IT office.
- Call in with Dell/Apple support to get the laptops fixed which are under warranty.
- Other tasks as assigned by IT Solutions Support Team Leader.
Minimum Requirements of the IT Assistant include:
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in IT.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in customer service.
Additional qualifications for the IT Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Has experience in a fast-paced working environment.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience working with Windows and Mac computers
- A self-starter with a high degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Commitment to environmental issues and principles of nonviolence central to Greenpeace’s mission.