INCLUDEnyc (www.INCLUDEnyc.org) brings love, equity, and access to young people with disabilities in New York City. We help families and young people (birth through age 26) with any disability in all five boroughs. With a staff of 32 and a budget of $3.2 million, INCLUDEnyc works to improve the lives of families through one-on-one support, training and information, and connections to community resources. INCLUDEnyc empowers families, youth, and professionals with the knowledge, confidence, and skills to make informed decisions, effectively access and navigate systems and services, and to advocate for themselves and others. For 36 years, we have helped make New York a more inclusive city.
INCLUDEnyc is seeking a Development Coordinator who is interested in building a professional career in the nonprofit sector. As part of a team with more than 25 years of collective expertise in fundraising, the Development Coordinator will develop valuable skills in philanthropy, relationship building, event planning, budgeting, critical thinking, and strategic planning. The work will help promote inclusion, offer life-changing assistance to families, and have a significant impact on the lives of young people with disabilities across New York City.
Reporting to the Development Manager as a part of a three-member Development team, the Development Coordinator will support the overall fundraising efforts of INCLUDEnyc. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and highly efficient at multitasking, with strong Salesforce skills and an interest in database management.
Manager of Development
- Database management: Maintain records in Salesforce, INCLUDEnyc’s CRM database; ensure accuracy of database records; contribute to the maintenance and improvement of database system.
- Salesforce reporting: Create fundraising reports, donor reports, and other database reports as needed.
- Donor management: Organize and track donor records, including prospect research, appeal mailings, gift processing and acknowledgement.
- Proposal development: Maintain and update grant documents, funding calendars, and grant tracking.
- Event Planning: Assist with the coordination of event logistics, including mail list preparation, venue coordination, invitation creation, etc.
- Provide other support to Development team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma and equivalent work experience required.
- Strong proficiency with Salesforce, Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook), and Google Apps for Business (Gmail, Docs/Drive/Calendar); demonstrated experience with database and spreadsheet management.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Nonprofit and/or fundraising experience is preferred, but not required.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage numerous responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize duties, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate well with a diverse audience.
- Commitment to INCLUDEnyc’s mission and the youth and families that we serve.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements in .doc or .pdf format, subject line: “LAST NAME_Development Coordinator” to jobs@INCLUDEnyc.org.