About The Arc:
The Arc is the largest national community-based organization advocating for and serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. We encompass all ages and more than 100 different diagnoses including autism, Down syndrome, Fragile X syndrome, and various other developmental disabilities.
With more than 600 state and local chapters nationwide, The Arc is on the front lines to ensure that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families have the support and services they need to be fully engaged in their communities. The Arc works with its federation of state and local chapters to create an impressive network of human service agencies ensuring they have the strongest civil rights advocates promoting and protecting their needs at all levels.
The Project Manager is an integral part of the Marketing and Communications Team at The Arc, ensuring that all marketing deliverables are scoped, tasks are appropriately timed, projects stay on track, and the overall flow of work to the rest of the team is seamlessly managed. This position will collaborate with Marketing team members and subject matter experts internally on staff to ensure that deliverables are strategically on track to meet the priorities of the organization. This is a great opportunity for a project manager who likes the operational side of marketing and is adept at managing deadlines and project workflow with multiple projects and internal clients throughout the work day. The overall Marketing team is responsible for deliverables such as print materials (reports, brochures, flyers), graphics and copy for the email program, social media channels (organic and paid), and the creation and maintenance of websites. The successful candidate will be organized, creative and proactive with exceptional attention to detail, be an excellent communicator and team player, and possess a desire to help in the creation of marketing products and services that enhance The Arc’s mission and goals on behalf of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
This is a newly created, fulltime position, reporting to the Director of Marketing and Digital Engagement.
Director of Marketing and Digital Engagement
- Collaborate with others on the marketing team to scope deliverables for internal teams. Create project plans for those deliverables, and monitor the progress of those project plans. As project-related issues arise, troubleshoot issues and update project plans with input from others on the marketing team.
- Create and maintain clear and comprehensive project-related documentation.
- Work collaboratively to monitor project progress from original scope and creative development through completion.
- Work proactively to anticipate potential problems and overall team needs and find solutions that improve process and project management.
- Administer the marketing teams’ online project management tool, Wrike.
- Support staff from internal client teams to use Wrike, our online project management tool. Create training materials and “cheat sheets”, onboard new staff to Wrike, and provide support to staff that have questions about how to use Wrike.
- Produce reports on project-related activity including: project health reports, baseline reports, staff allocation reports, risk reports, project budget reports, etc.
- Support and assist the Director of Marketing and Digital Engagement with administrative accounting and budgeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising or related field.
- 2-4 years of highly relevant experience, managing or coordinating marketing projects from concept to completion.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Project or similar project management tools.
- Experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong prioritization skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail and results oriented.
- Candidate should be an excellent communicator and be solutions oriented.
- Skilled in assessing and finding efficiencies.
- Proven customer service skills and strong customer focus.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Keen eye for details.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- PMP or similar certification preferred.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted online only. To apply to this position visit https://thearc.recruiterbox.com/
The Arc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the contact us page on the web; www.thearc.org).