The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for a development associate in Research to join its Development team and conduct donor and prospect research on individuals, corporations, and foundations via online and standard research sources as requested by Development staff.
- Works closely with Development and other Museum staff to assess and fulfill research needs.
- Tracks donors and prospects in Salesforce and assist in managing the Museum’s moves management system.
- Prepares specialized research lists for Development events and appeals.
- Proactively identifies new prospects, qualifies giving potential, and recommends a course of action to development officers. Uses wealth screen software to verify and quantify data.
- Writes donor and prospect profile reports for use by Museum staff.
- Creates and maintains confidential research files on members and donors.
- Provides training in research tools and practices to Development staff and interns.
- Assists in managing seasonal interns.
- Processes department invoices as needed.
- Performs any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years related development/research experience, prospect research strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to produce under deadlines and work effectively with a diverse group
- Familiarity with Lexis-Nexis, iWave, Foundation Center, and other reference databases
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and best Internet practices
- An interest in art preferred
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter and list salary expectations. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.