PNP Staffing Group is delighted to partner with the Puerto Rican Family Institute in their search for a Chief Executive Officer.
The Puerto Rican Family Institute is a nonprofit, multi-program health and human services agency whose primary mission is to prevent family disintegration and enhance the self-sufficiency of the underserved community. PRFI offers a comprehensive array of social and health care services that are culturally and linguistically relevant. Their programs operate in New York City and Puerto Rico and are available to clients of all races and ethnic backgrounds.
The Chief Executive Officer will lead this driven and committed organization into the future focused on growing the scale, quality, and sustainability of its impact. The CEO will serve as the organization’s leader by setting an ambitious strategy and executing it as a team. The CEO will act as the organization’s accountable executive, organizational change and team leader and advocate as the agency continues its growth goals.
The CEO has ultimate management responsibility of the organization either directly or through delegated authority and implements the strategic goals and objectives of the organization as established by the Board of Directors. With the Chair of the Board, enables the Board to fulfill its governance function; to give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the agency’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
- Acts as a resources person to the Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Board Committees.
- Provides timely information to the Board on issues that require Board’s review and approval, regulatory requirements, funding source requirements and procedures.
- Ensures PRFI’s compliance with corporate laws.
- Carries out Board policies.
- Ensures that Executive staff reports to the Board are submitted on a timely basis; including financial audits, risk management issues, and corrective plans.
- Attends board and committee meetings as requested.
- Submits periodic reports to the Board on operations, audits, program performance, risk management issues, legal matters, changes in funding streams and compliance issues.
Community and Public Relations
- Represents PRFI in areas of PRFI interest at pertinent professional and community events.
Finances and Financial Management
- Provides leadership with the development of a strategic financial plan as required by the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services (MOCS).
- Maintains fiscal integrity through budget preparation, expenditure monitoring, and accounting system maintenance.
- Works with Director of Finance and the Board Finance Committee to develop Agency annual budget and budget modifications.
- Negotiates and administers contracts to maintain PRFI physical properties; provides support to the Hope for Families and Children Foundation (Foundation) with maintenance of the Foundation’s building.
- Monitors and supervises the Chief Fiscal Officer to ensure accountability, compliance and to ensure cash and all transactions are subject to checks and balances.
- Assists the Board with the process of selecting new auditors.
- Supervises business affairs and practices to ensure fiscal viability.
Fundraising and Development
- Supports the fundraising and development activities of the Foundation.
- Oversees the implementation of the agency Human Resources Department’s procedures and practices.
- Provides direct supervision of the Chief Fiscal Officer, Deputy Directors, Director of Human Resources and Director of Information Systems.
- Works with executive staff and management to administer finance, human resources and program services. Brings policies, procedures, and risk management issues that may need clarification, review or modification to the Board.
- Provides direct supervision of Compliance Officer.
- Supervises Executive Assistant.
- Keeps Board informed of matters that may have legal ramifications, risks, or may place PRFI in legal jeopardy.
- Requests Board review and approval prior to the engagement of legal services.
- Oversees the administration and organization of service programs.
- Oversees the evaluation of program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluates expansion of programs and oversees the implementation of new programs.
- Analyzes current lease agreements for rental of program space. Evaluates program space needs and maintenance issues.
- Oversees the evaluation of information systems to ensure efficient data collection, timely and accurate billing; identification of systems and equipment needed to maintain operations.
- High-level education in business administration, public administration, social work or related field. Wide range of knowledge and skills in management, social service provision, fiscal responsibility, organizational development, grants management, experience with programs reimbursed through Medicaid/medicare and private insurance.
- Ten or more years’ experience in a leadership role; managing in a social services or non-profit setting preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills and quick decision making ability essential.
- Ability to network with for-profit and non-profit corporation executives, government representative, political advocates, media and private foundation executives
- Must have superior organizational and analytical skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere, to work collaboratively with a variety of people, with an aptitude for teamwork.
- Ability to attract, retain, train, develop and appraise staff effectively.
- Strong leadership skills required. Experience leading teams and managing projects.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish speaking required
$170,000 - $180,000
Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Wade Savitt, Executive Recruiter, with PNP Staffing Group. firstname.lastname@example.org