Students Run LA (SRLA) creates a safe, supportive community at 185+ public schools, welcoming more than 3,200 students of all backgrounds and abilities to train alongside their volunteer mentors to complete the Los Angeles Marathon. Through this life-changing experience, students discover their best selves and learn how to make plans for the future.
The Marketing and Communications Associate will be responsible for the development and tactical execution of marketing and communication strategies that drive awareness to meet the goals of SRLA. The Associate will be responsible for all external marketing and communications from conceptualization through execution. The ideal candidate speaks and writes in Spanish and has experience (personally or professionally) in the Los Angeles running or fitness community.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, strategic marketing plan to increase public participation at SRLA-produced races, inform supporters of SRLA developments and successes, and increase corporate sponsorship of SRLA events
- Increase public awareness of SRLA through P.R. outreach and social media management
- Utilizing Squarespace, draft, curate, and publish regular updates on the SRLA website
- Draft and publish SRLA’s monthly e-newsletters
- Create presentations and marketing materials to support SRLA’s efforts in fundraising and establishing corporate sponsorships
- Support the SRLA team in the development and execution of special events, including press conferences, community events, and fundraisers
- Track and measure the success of SRLA’s outreach, including using Google Analytics, Google Ads, and RunSignUp metrics
- A passion for the mission of SRLA
- Minimum of 3 years of marketing and communications experience
- Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively, with a diverse team
- Creative and innovative thinker with an ability to problem solve, collect and share student stories, and engage the SRLA community
- Capacity to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects
- Experience with Google Suites, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Ability to work occasional weekends during the race season
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Graphic design experience preferred
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Marketing/Communications Application. No phone calls, please.