The International Women’s Health Coalition (IWHC) recognizes that women’s and girls’ human rights, health, and equality are essential to social, environmental, and economic justice for all.
We envision a world in which all women and girls can exercise their human rights to:
- access the information, resources, and services they need to enhance and protect their health and achieve their full potential;
- make informed decisions about their sexuality, relationships, pregnancy, child-bearing, and marriage and all other matters related to their sexual and reproductive health and rights, free of discrimination, coercion, and violence; and
- participate in and assume leadership of civil society movements to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
IWHC advances the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and young people, particularly adolescent girls, in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. IWHC furthers this agenda by supporting and strengthening leaders and organizations working at the community, national, regional, and global levels, and by advocating for international and US policies, programs, and funding.
IWHC builds bridges between local realities and international policy by connecting women and young people in the Global South to key decision-makers. In doing so, IWHC brings local voices to global debates and in turn, makes global processes and policies more understandable and actionable at the local level.
The International Women's Health Coalition (IWHC) seeks a communications associate to support a dynamic, fast-paced team. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator with a passion for digital storytelling and an eye for graphic design.
The associate will play a key role in growing IWHC’s online voice and profile, ensuring the team’s smooth operation, and supporting the creation of communications campaigns and products to further advocacy and fundraising goals. The role reports to the senior digital and marketing specialist and works closely with the Program and Development teams, in addition to collaborating with other teams, partners, and coalitions.
Senior Digital and Marketing Specialist
Support IWHC’s digital communications:
- Help to plan, implement, and disseminate social media campaigns that inform and influence how people think about pivotal issues related to our work; handle regular postings on IWHC’s Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Assist in the creation of digital content and campaigns, including the Feminist Agenda and Trumping Women’s Rights Digest; update IWHC website content including staff pages, blogs, and homepage features
- Create and edit graphics, videos, email templates, and other dynamic online content for use on IWHC’s online platforms or printed publications
- Design collateral materials for special events and inter-office use
Support editorial content development and media relationships:
- Monitor, record, and produce analytics reports on IWHC social and traditional media and digital performance; maintain social and editorial calendar in coordination with other members of the Communications team
- Track relevant news in collaboration with the communications officer; assist with the creation and maintenance of targeted press lists, distribution of press releases, and journalist cultivation via social media
- Write and edit editorial content, as needed
Provide key administrative and technical support to the communications team:
- Prepare invoices and consultant justification memos; maintain physical and electronic records; schedule meetings and other internal communications; track vendors and consultants
- Provide logistical support for key advocacy and fundraising events, including video and photo shoots, through public outreach, collateral preparation, and coordinating with outside vendors
- Handle equipment and collateral inventory with the development associate, as well as logistics for the production and distribution of communications products
- Support the communications director in scheduling, expense tracking, and basic travel needs
- Coordinate with the Office of the President to fulfill communications needs for board and program meetings, and public events featuring the president
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international relations, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in communications, marketing, or related field
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to multitask, learn, and process information quickly while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Social media savvy, with experience creating and managing posts for company or brand accounts; digital native with the ability and willingness to quickly learn new tools and platforms; some familiarity with reporting on media metrics and analyzing trends
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Canva, or similar graphic design tools
- Working knowledge of French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff across an institution; strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable or interested in advocacy communications, the global media landscape, and multilateral institutions
- Strong analytical skills, general research and logistical support experience, service-oriented approach
- Excellent judgement and ability to distill complex information into clear messaging for online audiences
- Commitment to IWHC’s mission and a strong interest in human rights, women’s rights, sexual and reproductive health and rights, policy advocacy, and/or movement building
Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including generous vacation time, and no employee contribution for employee-only medical, dental and vision coverage. Please note that there may be a need to work additional hours, including evenings of special events.
How to Apply
Send cover letter (including ref. #CA2019) and resume to Liisa Sweet-Korpivaara @ fax 212-979-9009, or via email to: email@example.com.
Only complete applications will be reviewed and due to the large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
IWHC is an equal opportunity employer. IWHC values the dynamism and perspective that staff diversity brings to the work and culture of the office. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to consider joining us. IWHC does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the individual’s race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, HIV status or disability. This policy applies to all of IWHC’s activities including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge. We are committed to seeking qualified candidates who contribute to the diversity of the working environment.