The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
The Senior Specialist, Event Production is responsible for planning and execution of all logistical aspects of fundraising activities for all assigned events (multi-market) including but not limited to: creating and adhering to logistical timelines; managing expenses to budget; securing vendors and placing orders for event day set-up (tents, tables, chairs, fencing, etc.); securing permits and certificates of insurance; ordering and managing delivery of event supplies; inventory and management of multiple storage units; determining needs and securing event vehicles, negotiating vendor pricing and contracts. Will work closely with relationship management and volunteer engagement partners within assigned territory. The portfolio will encompass multi-market events requiring year-round focus and significant time investment. May supervise Coordinators with individual event portfolios.
1. Logistics Project Specialist
- In collaboration with Relationship Management team and Volunteer Engagement staff, serves as project leader for logistical aspects for assigned events to ensure exceptional event experience for participants and sponsors
- Reserve and secure venues for assigned events by predetermined deadline; identify and recommend new venues as necessary
- Secure vendors and permitting for all events. Maintain a focus on cost saving measures by ensuring appropriate bidding process for multi-site vendors (including tents, tables and chairs, heavy equipment, toilets, waste disposal, vehicle rentals, communication equipment, entertainment equipment, water and ice, peripheral equipment such as cones, stanchions, barricades, fencing, food vendors) whether paid or in-kind
- Manage relationship with third-party logistics company, responsible for overall event execution, when applicable.
- Secure permits and insurance for events, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with communities hosting our events
- Manage multiple storage units to ensure space is fully utilized and orderly; maintain current inventory of event materials and supplies (including signage); will include storage unit(s) outside of local market or large units that house supplies for more than one market
- Oversee purchasing, packing and distribution of specified event supplies before, during and after each campaign
- With input from relationship management team, order event prizes, incentives (including t-shirts, medals, etc.)
- Adhere and update yearly logistics/production timeline for all events; adhere to deadlines and communicate progress to supervisor, identifying potential roadblocks or challenges
- Determine and communicate on-event staff assignments; ensure staff and lead volunteers fully understand roles and expectations
- Schedule and facilitate pre, post and on-event production meetings with appropriate staff (include volunteer engagement and production company when necessary)
- Follow all risk management guidelines related to event execution (police, communications, rider support, etc.). Work with event and market leaders as well as lead volunteers to ensure rider safety, crisis communication, and weather-related delays or cancelations
- Serve as an active member of Emergency Response team; act as vendor contact for changes or cancelation
- Provides information for local and National Sponsorship fulfillment -- manages supply movement
- Coach, develop and supervise staff, providing opportunities for growth base on individual and organizational goals; conducts performance reviews and provides mentorship and feedback
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to support event operations
2. In Kind Donation Management
- In collaboration with development team partner, manage movement of in-kind goods for all assigned events
3. Budget and Project Coordination
- Negotiate and manage specified event contracts including but not limited to tents, porta-potties, dumpsters, facilities, trucks and supply vehicles, hotel blocks
- Provide input and adhere to approved Walk MS/Bike MS budget for all events; monitor and track expenses
- Follow event procurement process including purchase orders and contracts, payment processing, ensuring accurate record keeping throughout event planning and follow finance policies and procedures for self (and direct reports, if applicable)
- Complete all post-event financials (final invoice payments, etc.), thank you communications to vendors/partners, tracking supply/product usage and noting opportunities for following year; ensure the same for direct reports
4. Manage relationships and responsibilities for specialized volunteer support and safety for all assigned events
- Lead volunteer committees to ensure members are fully supported and prepared for day-of-event roles and responsibilities
- Facilitate committee meetings, in conjunction with relationship management partner, to share event details and ensure critical logistical items are addressed
- Cultivate volunteers, seek and provide feedback on route, event timing, rider safety and support, etc.; share opportunities and ideas for reciprocal growth and learning
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- In lieu of a degree, candidates with at least 5 years of experience planning and executing events and a minimum of 2 years managerial experience will be considered
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in event planning and execution
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize while acting to achieve specific results
- Strong initiative with the ability to monitor multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships and work effectively with multiple teams
- Ability to adjust and maintain effectiveness in the face of multiple demands, challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines
- Experience with logistical mapping and event diagram software such as Ride with GPS or Smartdraw a plus
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends to support volunteer committees and events, especially during peak event season (spring and fall)
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website: