The Executive Personal Assistant will provide specialized assistance and high-level administrative support to the President with all necessary tasks.
Foundation for a Just Society (FJS) envisions a world where all people are equally valued and lead self-determined lives. FJS advances the rights of women, girls, and LGBTQI people and promotes gender and racial justice by ensuring those most affected by injustice have the resources they need to cultivate the leadership and solutions that transform our world.
FJS make grants to local, national, regional, and global organizations and networks with an emphasis on Francophone West Africa, Mesoamerica, South and Southeast Asia, and the US Southeast. FJS supports efforts that advance long-term, structural change and meet immediate needs that enable women, girls, and LGBTQI people most affected by injustice to be leaders, strategists, and agents of change.
The Executive Assistant will provide specialized assistance and high-level administrative support to the President with all necessary tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as first point of contact for the President. Screen telephone calls, inquiries and requests in order to effectively manage or refer as appropriate.
- Coordinate calendar and appointment schedule for the President. Prepare and respond to routine email correspondence. Read, monitor and organize the President's email accounts.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in regards to President's professional and personal business at all times.
- Maintain the President's physical and electronic filing systems and maintain electronic equipment, such as iPhone, iPad, laptops and external hard drives.
- Assist with organizing meetings and ensuring that the President is prepared by gathering and analyzing materials and/or preparing background summaries.
- Coordinate and oversee signatures on monthly invoices and other documents in accordance with approval matrix (understanding and explaining documents presented to the President for signature and making sure any documents presented have been reviewed and approved by one additional officer).
- Organize travel arrangements, prepare travel itineraries and coordinate schedule with the President's drivers.
- Coordinate President's schedule and logistics with the household staff.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with all staff members. Work closely with FJS, Felicity House and Simons Foundation staff on upcoming commitments for the President.
- Act as liaison between the President and the board of directors for both FJS and Felicity House. Ensure that the President remains active and engaged with both organizations.
- Assist with professional development opportunities, including development of leadership and facilitation skills.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to make decisions based on sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently in an effective and efficient manner.
- Takes initiative, is self-motivated, and has a desire to learn and improve skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and desire to work through problems and issues in a proactive and innovative manner.
- Highly professional and able to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with sensitivity and respect for colleagues' time, work styles and needs.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Alignment with foundation's values.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong project management skills.
- Solid critical thinking skills.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Experience working or volunteering in the women's human rights and social justice movements and/or philanthropy.
- Previous work as a support to an executive professional.
COMPENSATION + CULTURE
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000, depending on experience.
FJS offers a benefits package that includes:
- 100% employer-paid, transgender-inclusive, medical, dental, and vision insurance for all eligible employees and their spouses, domestic partners, and eligible dependents.
- Paid vacation days, and closed Christmas Eve through New Year's day.
- 401(k) retirement plan (with employer match).
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, supplemental short-term disability and long-term disability.
- Parental leave with full salary continuation.
- Tuition assistance reimbursement.
How to Apply
FJS is committed to cultivating an organizational culture where everyone is able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. The foundation believes a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, no matter their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, education or disability, are valued and respected.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a concise and compelling cover letter, and your resume in one PDF to EPA.email@example.com by May 31, 2019. Please include “Executive Personal Assistant–YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
All applications must be received via email. No phone inquiries please.
Contact Us: EPA.firstname.lastname@example.org