Founded in 1912 by the Sisters of St. Ursula, Notre Dame is a private, Catholic, college-preparatory school for young women. The school provides a challenging curriculum, which integrates classroom learning with educational and cultural opportunities in our urban setting. The school’s curriculum is rich in the sciences, arts and technology. For over 100 years, Notre Dame has had a reputation for high academic standards while providing a warm and family-like environment for its students.
The Notre Dame School of Manhattan’s Director of Annual Fund & Communications will be responsible for the strategic execution and management of the Annual Fund across all constituencies, and will work closely with and report directly to the Director of Development to increase the Annual Fund. The Director of Annual Fund & Communications is a critical member of the Development team and shares responsibility for building relationships with external and internal constituents and growing philanthropic support for Notre Dame School of Manhattan. In carrying out this role, he or she will develop a keen understanding of the school’s history and traditions.
Director of Development and Alumnae Relations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Devise and implement Annual Fund communications schedules, utilizing messaging that incorporates the school brand and communications strategy.
- Produce and direct all marketing and solicitation materials for the Annual Fund, including segmented direct mail, personalized appeal letters and email solicitations.
- Build the Planned Giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies
- Oversee Annual Fund donor recognition to ensure proper acknowledgement and stewardship.
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors.
- Experiment with challenge grants, technology and social media to maximize fundraising (e.g. Giving Tuesday and “text to give”); and adapt approaches in response to measured outcomes.
- Analyze data to plan for the strategic growth of annual giving and growth in participation; develop new revenue streams based on the data and other current best practices.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to strategically segment comprehensive annual fund donors for various appeals throughout the year.
- Manage scholarship partnerships, both through individual and institutional donors.
- Plan and implement annual phone-a-thons to meet year end fundraising goals.
- Engage in ongoing professional development and involvement with NYSAIS and CASE.
- Develop and implement communications strategies and plans that foster the school’s mission and drives increased engagement with prospective and current constituencies.
- Manage the school’s social media handles, electronic newsletters, and website to capitalize on increased visibility and clear branding of the school to drive increased contributed revenue.
- Create and execute the Annual Report, a publication that promotes the organization and maximizes awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization to its donors.
- Design and oversee the production of the school’s printed Academic Calendar.
- Participate actively in the work and success of the Development team and provide support for school events and administrative jobs as requested.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- One to three years of experience in annual giving, independent school experience preferred.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skill in gift solicitation.
- Proficiency with the Google and Microsoft suite of applications, social media tools, web publishing; fundraising software and databases required, including Raiser’s Edge.
- Proven ability to handle a diverse portfolio of responsibility, to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and proactive, to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Demonstrate great integrity and tact, and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Regular work schedule will require working from 9 am – 5:00 pm.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Bixenman at email@example.com