The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Manager, President’s Office and Internal Communications
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Manager, President’s Office and Internal Communications will manage internal communications activities for UNICEF USA on behalf of the President & CEO and work in tandem with the Manager of President’s Office and Leadership on other President’s Office and organizational priorities.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Design and implement the internal communication structure for the organization
- Collect and disseminate content from staff and leadership (SMT) that are relevant to internal communication via the appropriate channels (HR promotions and announcements, organizational-wide campaign and fundraising activations, new policy announcements, other organizational information, etc.)
- Ensure CEO is prepared for external and internal meetings including preparing and reviewing supportive materials
- Organize monthly newsletter to Board of Directors
- In coordination with the Manager for Leadership, prepare CEO with talking points for internal and external meetings and engagements
- Prepare and produce internal meetings i.e. All Staff meetings, Town Hall meetings including agenda, calendar, presentations, etc.
- Develop and finalize speeches and presentations for President & CEO
- Work with Regional team to develop and implement leadership communication platform for National and Regional Boards
- Act as President’s Office liaison to the Management Council
- Occasional domestic travel with CEO to speaking engagements, conferences and other meetings
- Co-lead with Manager for Leadership on President & CEO Executive Visibility including social media
- Participate as appropriate in day to day operations in the President’s Office including briefing book, budget, and workflow ticket system
- Perform other duties as assigned: Ad hoc calls, proposals, letters, emails and additional meetings on behalf of the CEO
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years relevant work experience; prior experience with external constituents in a fundraising, donor relations or communications function preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical including demonstrated ability to draft, proof, and edit documents, speeches and communications
- Must be highly organized and possess outstanding interpersonal skills to interface with people at all levels and backgrounds while maintaining tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Effectively influences & motivates others to contribute to team and organizational efforts
- Advanced skill in balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrates agility and willingness to partner
- Fosters a communicative atmosphere
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekend and evening commitments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience managing social media communications preferred
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience with international development issues preferred
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To Apply -- Please apply online at: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=1140