Who We Are:
AJC works to build a safer, more secure future for the Jewish people, Israel, and all humanity. We are the leading global Jewish advocacy organization, with unparalleled access to government officials, diplomats, and faith leaders. Through these relationships and an international presence that spans six continents, AJC helps shape opinion and policy on the critical issues of our time: combating hate and anti-Semitism, promoting Israel’s rightful place in the community of nations, and safeguarding democratic values and pluralism. From quiet diplomacy behind closed doors to public advocacy campaigns that reach millions, AJC produces concrete results—government policies, pioneering alliances, and hard-hitting legislation—that improve our world.
Who You Are:
You are a passionate storyteller with serious writing chops. You can craft clear and compelling copy that communicates the importance of AJC’s work and inspires people to support our mission. You have experience writing across multiple mediums, such as direct mail, email, digital, print, and more. Most importantly, you are eager to use your talents for good – to stand up for Israel, to protect Jewish communities worldwide, and to fight anti-Semitism and all forms of hatred.
As the Marketing Copywriter, you will do all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Write clear and persuasive copy across multiple marketing vehicles, with an emphasis on writing direct mail packages, email solicitations, event remarks, video scripts, and printed collateral;
- Quickly learn AJC’s voice and tone and ensure that all materials created are on brand;
- Develop cohesive messaging that cuts across offline and online campaign components;
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Graphics, and Development teams to brainstorm new campaign ideas that will engage constituents and compel them to take action;
- Review and understand data insights related to copy performance. Experiment and learn from both successes and failures, responding quickly with adjustments to messaging;
- Employ best practices and keep up with industry trends in order to boost the effectiveness of AJC’s campaigns;
- Take on additional duties to help support the Marketing and Communication team’s fundraising objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Journalism, English, or Communications
- Minimum 5 years professional experience as a copywriter with a marketing background, or as a journalist
- Stellar writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience writing copy across a range of different marketing vehicles, with an emphasis on fundraising
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with a high degree of creative initiative
- Appreciation for AJC’s mission
- Grasp of current events, particularly as they affect American Jewry, the Jewish people, and Israel
- Qualified candidates must provide writing samples or access to a portfolio of work
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/q1e316fv0jxyvh3/