The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus — thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today — we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 150 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
The Associate Director of Marketing is a full-time employee of The Michael J. Fox Foundation and reports to the Senior Associate Director, Marketing. This individual is responsible for the creation and implementation of MJFF’s marketing strategies in support of cross departmental priorities. In collaboration with the marketing and communications team, this function includes but is not limited to the following: creating and implementing promotional plans that grows our audience, builds brand awareness, enhances fundraising efforts and inspires prospects and donors to support MJFF’s mission via donations.
- Lead strategy development and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to implement strategy in support Marketing fundraising goals.
- Develop cross-channel Marketing campaigns to meet team and Foundation-wide conversion goals. Campaigns may include but are not limited to: mass market, local and grassroots efforts, estate planning, seasonal and annual appeals.
- Monitor and evaluate the success of various strategies, and implement recommendations for optimization and improvement.
- Provide in-depth insights on all campaigns and monthly analytics reports.
- Proactively provide innovation across all marketing and advertising vehicles that MJFF uses (internal and external) and provide competitive insight into our branding strategies.
- Research and assess potential new products/vehicles to enhance the Marketing work of the organization.
- Develop and manage digital materials to create a cohesive image and message for revenue based initiatives.
- Reconcile department budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates should have 5-7 years demonstrated experience in marketing
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and communications skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to work with others in a goal and action-oriented manner
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building for the organization
- Results-oriented and a passion for creativity
- Dedication to customer service in all interaction, understanding and experience in volunteer environment
- Effective decision making with a high level of personal integrity and professionalism
- Experience in media planning and buying a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, journalism or related field
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position using the link below. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted