J. The Jewish News of Northern California (‘J.’) is a leader in nonprofit journalism and one of the most respected Jewish community media outlets in the United States, reaching over 150,000 readers a month via its print edition, website, email newsletters, and social media. J. is independently operated and has been publishing since 1895.
J. covers the full range of what it means to be Jewish today — from the arts to religion, food, events, news of our local, national and global communities. Our talented staff writers cover the local community in depth, augmented by a stable of skilled, seasoned freelancers. We strive to fill J. with the diverse voices that characterize our vibrant Jewish community, to present a wide range of views through op-eds and letters from our readers, and to engage the reader in the kind of lively debate that enriches and defines Jewish life.
PART-TIME DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
The Development Assistant will join J. at an exciting moment and play an important role in our efforts to reach the next level. We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, talented individual to help us get there.
Allison Green, Director of Development
The Development Assistant will work closely with the Development Director providing general administrative support.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Processing donations
- Data entry of donations into Little Green Light, J.’s donor database
- Generating and sending out thank you letters for donations
- Helping maintain the donor database
- Work with the Development Director on all aspects of fundraising campaigns, including direct mail, eblasts and social media
Ongoing Development tasks:
- Update development and marketing and PR materials
- Donor research
- Working with the Development Committee and Board
- Ability to work independently as well as in close coordination with others.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details and accuracy in data entry
- At least basic knowledge of Excel, Word and Google docs
- Passion for the mission of J. and nonprofit community journalism.
- Previous development experience or an interest in pursuing a career in development
- Some knowledge of the Bay Area Jewish community
This is a part-time job: 2 days a week, with days and hours negotiable. Please contact us on the salary range.
Compensation does not include benefits.
The position is located in our San Francisco office.
How to Apply
To apply, email a cover letter and your resume with ‘Development Assistant Position’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about this job, please contact Allison@jweekly.com