New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
NYRR’s races, community events, instruction and training resources, and youth programs give hundreds of thousands of people each year the motivation, know-how, and opportunity to start running and keep running for life. NYRR’s premier event, the famed TCS New York City Marathon, attracts the world’s top pro runners and committed amateurs alike while also raising millions of dollars annually for charity and driving economic impact for the City. But NYRR is equally committed to the runners of tomorrow, passionately providing youth fitness programs that educate and inspire more than 100,000 kids in underserved communities in New York City, all 50 states, and around the world.
Headquartered in New York City, NYRR implements a unique nonprofit model that teams contributed and earned income to make all its efforts possible. To learn more, please visit www.nyrr.org.
The primary purpose of the Development department is to raise funds for the organization’s various philanthropic efforts (Youth and Community Service Programs and special projects). Development creates and executes a yearly comprehensive plan to secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations. The department is responsible for expanding and diversifying the organization’s funder base, furthering the potential for future fundraising efforts.
This position plays a key role in our overall fundraising efforts as part of the Development and Philanthropy team of NYRR. The organization is seeking a team member that is detail-focused, customer-service oriented, and can support all aspects of our fundraising efforts. The position is primarily a gifts processing role and supports donor recognition and stewardship efforts.
- Gift Acceptance and Processing
- Draft and prepare timely acknowledgement letters
- Prepare donation deposits with GL Code system
- Ensure accurate donation and donor records in Salesforce
- Process invoices, contracts and check request per NYRR processes
- Manage team calendar and help schedule meetings
- Support volunteer management efforts for all donors
- Support stewardship and cultivation efforts
- Support the production of departmental events throughout the year, in both planning and execution (some evenings and weekends requested)
- Provide departmental administrative support for department as needed
- 2 years’ work experience, ideally in a related line of work
- Recent experience using a current generation fundraising database
- Proven experience providing high level of customer service on the phone and in-person
- Bachelor’s degree
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Ability to engage a diverse group of individuals in conversation in person
- Open availability to work evenings and weekends, as needed in a support capacity
- Interest in sports in general and running preferred
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer