To implement and coordinate a high quality and comprehensive nutrition service component for the agency’s child care programs.
- Responsible for regular center visits to provide monitoring, coaching and support to the center education staff/nutrition staff and parents.
- Is a member of the agency Management Team and provides training, consultation, technical assistance and monitoring;.
- Works with community professionals to ensure services are provided for Early Childhood Division Programs.
- Responsible for meeting Head Start program performance standards and following the Agency policies and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate all nutrition services for the Pre-K and Head Start/ Early Head Start participants and families.
- Coordinate with the Nutritionist to create healthy, nutritious menus for all child care programs, including special menus for participants with special dietary needs.
- Create special dietary plans and monitor all special dietary needs of participants.
- Conduct CACFP monitoring regularly at all child care programs to ensure compliance with all CACFP/USDA regulations, including the accurate completion of nutrition-related paperwork.
- Create new nutrition policies and procedures when necessary.
- Implement and monitor nutrition policies and procedures for the program in accordance with the regulations of CACFP/USDA and Head Start/ Early Head Start.
- Train staff, parents and volunteers on various topics related to health, nutrition, and safety and maintain accurate documentation.
- Create an annual training plan for nutrition content area.
- Complete and submit the monthly CACFP report for federal reimbursement.
- Complete all required CACFP documentation and maintain records for internal and external administrative reviews.
- Participate in the organization’s self-assessment, internal and external audits and prepares corrective action plans as needed.
- Meet with parents/ guardians when necessary to discuss special dietary needs of participants.
- Help to create and update nutrition plan annually.
- Place orders for nutrition-related items for the organization as needed.
- Ensure directors are kept updated and informed of families’ nutritional concerns.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of a nutrition education curriculum and complete annual USDA/CACFP application renewal.
- Create and maintain content area binder for review by state and federal reviewers.
- Generate content area reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Coordinate services with other content areas to ensure all required services are provided for children with special needs.
- Administers and observed the organization’s office operations, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of all community outreach efforts with the goal of educating the community about health and nutrition.
- Volunteerism is encouraged during La Casa’s sponsored events.
- Responsible for community building and outreach efforts with the goal of increasing awareness in the community of La Casa’s program and increase participant numbers.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Must have ability to organize and prioritize in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to remain alert and productive for extended periods of time.
- Work as a team member with other Leadership Team and with minimal supervision.
- Self- directed and maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving and multi-task.
- Work effectively with staff, child, and family diversity.
- At least a two year degree in Nutrition or a related field required.
- At least five years of experience in nutrition field for young children, with experience in evaluation and staff development.
- Obtain certifications in CPR, First Aid and pass all background clearances.
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Strong administrative skills are required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to professional development for all teaching staff and nutrition staff and directors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Monday – Friday, 9:00am -5:00pm (Schedule may vary according to meet Early Childhood Development needs)
How to Apply
- Please email your resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Open Date: August 9, 2019 Closing Date: August 31, 2019