SAGE is the world’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people and provides cultural competency training for aging providers and LGBT organizations.
This position is to start in September 2019.
Director of Resident Services, NYC Housing Initiative
- Provide clinical assessments of Participants in care, directly or through referral as appropriate.
- Directly provide individual and group therapeutic services or workshops, in accordance with need.
- Afford clinical oversight for Participants’ cases assigned to Care Managers, to ensure alignment of clinical services with needs; including and not limited to periodic review of case records.
- Provide case management, referrals, information, and advocacy as needed; conduct intakes/assessments, advocacy, and other integral tasks as needed.
- Recruit, and supervise Social Work interns, including and not limited to their engagement with constituents.
- Periodically serve in general lead capacity, providing direction to the case manager and provide training and direction on the applicant interview/assessment process as needed.
- Collect and enter all participant and service unit data in database(s) thoroughly and timely, in accord with organizational policies and regulatory mandates.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Valid NYS Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW).
- Must obtain Social Work Field Instructor (SIFI) credential within first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and dependable – this position requires some flexibility around scheduling; some evening or occasional weekend hours may be required.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Computer-literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn other pertinent software systems.
- Willingness/ability to travel daily throughout NYC area via public transportation.
Competitive salary; SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
- Familiarity with LGBT aging issues, as well as cultural and linguistic competency regarding age, ability, sexuality, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, class, and other characteristics that affect the lives of diverse older adults.
- Familiarity with social and aging services networks and supports.
- Ability to speak or write in Spanish.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Tenant Coordinator – Ingersoll Residence” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.