PL+US is a bold new organization with a single mission: win paid family leave for everyone in the United States. Our strategy includes workplace transformation, political interventions, culture work, and, most importantly, building an army of advocates who are ready to fight -- and win -- paid family leave in their workplaces, in their communities, and nationwide.
In this role you will be the primary support for staff and board in their fundraising activities. This position will anchor the much needed administrative support for the department, tracking all donors/prospects and next steps.
Great job for an up-and-coming fundraising pro in the Bay Area: Development Assistant at PL+US, helping to bring a huge win -- paid family leave -- to everyone in the country. More info and application at:
- Research and source new potential donors, maintaining a comprehensive list of individuals and foundations to develop and cultivate.
- Prepare materials for meetings, donors and staff.
- Working with our Finance Director, produce monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on development goals and progress.
- Manage the PL+US donor database, develop appropriate reports and dashboards and ensure the timely and accurate maintenance of our donor and donation data.
- Process donations and gift acknowledgement letters, and assist with fulfillment of donor and sponsor benefits.
- Maintain and support PL+US presence on third party fundraising platforms, and manage relationships with vendors like Square and ActBlue.
- Coordinate logistics for fundraising events including donor briefings, small cultivation events, house parties, and two annual events.
- Provide central coordination and tracking for all development activities.
- Schedule donor meetings, phone calls, travel, etc. for fundraising principals.
- 3-5+ years administrative experience, preferably in a Fundraising/Development Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience with Salesforce, EveryAction or other fundraising database preferred.
- Strong computer skills: Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), etc.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented with proven time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Proven experience coordinating and executing events.
Salary Range: $55,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits.
Some Benefits of Working for PL+US
- Awesome team of high impact, low ego people who are in it to win.
- Flexible work schedule. If you need to leave early to pick up your kid from school or take your mom to the doctor, that’s cool.
- Work from home options. We like seeing you in the office and value face-time, but all of us work from home at least once or twice a week.
- Up to 6 months of paid family leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (up to $650/month when you enroll in our plans)
- Professional development coaching.
- Generous time off. Unlimited vacation, 12 paid holidays, and we all take the week between Christmas and New Years off.
- Retirement accounts. We offer a 401(k) since we want you to retire one day.
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance, commuter benefits program, medical and dependent care FSA program.
PL+US is deeply committed to diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, first-generation Americans, new parents, single parents, people with disabilities, and members of the queer community to apply.
PL+US is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.
How to Apply
Submit an application via Recruiterbox: https://paidleave.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03wbn
We would love to hire this role as soon as possible and will accept applications on a rolling basis until filled.