PL+US is a bold new organization with a single mission: win paid family leave for everyone in the United States. Our strategy includes workplace transformation, political interventions, culture work, and, most importantly, building an army of advocates who are ready to fight - and win - paid family leave in their workplaces, in their communities, and nationwide.
We’re looking for an inspired, strategic, detail-oriented, project management expert to serve as our Development Director. In this role, you’ll bring our individual and institutional fundraising to the next level and help us build and manage the systems that will allow us to scope, pursue, and secure donations from a wide variety of supporters.
This is a perfect role for an individual who has learned the ropes and is ready to spread their wings and grow with a new, dynamic and inspired team that’s in it to win.
Great opportunity for a fundraising pro: Development Director at PL+US, helping to bring a huge win -- paid family leave -- to everyone in the country. More info and application at: https://paidleave.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03wb3
- In partnership with the Executive Director, develop and oversee strategy for increasing overall giving.
- Support Executive Director to manage and steward all current donors through donor communications including updates, personal correspondence, presentations, and donor meeting preparation.
- Collaborate regularly with the PL+US team and grassroots leaders to leverage our work into fundraising opportunities.
- Collaborate with our digital team to build an online grassroots donor base to increase donations each year.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings, build reports for Board, and support them in individual fundraising efforts.
- Oversee contracts with development consultants.
- Develop and oversee events.
- Develop a strategy around donor outreach and make connections.
- Minimum of 7 years of increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising.
- Proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters.
- Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in development, fundraising tools and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research.
- Prior experience with Salesforce, EveryAction, or other fundraising database preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Proven experience coordinating and executing large scale events.
The salary range for this position is $76,500 - $90,000 commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits.
Some Benefits of Working for PL+US
- Awesome team of high impact, low ego people who are in it to win.
- Flexible work schedule. If you need to leave early to pick up your kid from school or take your mom to the doctor, that’s cool.
- Work from home options. We like seeing you in the office and value face-time, but all of us work from home at least once or twice a week.
- Up to 6 months of paid family leave.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (up to $650/month when you enroll in our plans)
- Professional development coaching.
- Generous time off. Unlimited vacation, 12 paid holidays, and we all take the week between Christmas and New Years off.
- Retirement accounts. We offer a 401(k) since we want you to retire one day.
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance, commuter benefits program, medical and dependent care FSA program.
PL+US is deeply committed to diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, first-generation Americans, new parents, single parents, people with disabilities, and members of the queer community to apply.
PL+US is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.
How to Apply
Submit an application via Recruiterbox: https://paidleave.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03wb3
We aim to hire this role as soon as possible and will accept applications on a rolling basis until filled.