With more than $1.5 billion in assets, the San Francisco Foundation is one of the largest community foundations in the country. The foundation is committed to expanding opportunity and ensuring a more equitable future for all in the Bay Area. Together with its donors, the foundation distributed $154 million to nonprofit organizations last fiscal year. The San Francisco Foundation serves Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties.
The Administrative Assistant provides overall administrative, operational, and process support for the Team within the Foundation’s Program Department. This is a fully skilled assistant level position.
FAITHS Program Officer & Multicultural Fellowship Program Officer
General Administrative Support
- This position provides administrative support to the FAITHS Program Manager & Multicultural Fellowship Officer.
- Provides assistance with calendar/scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reimbursement, and other administrative support services for the FAITHS Program Manager & Multicultural Fellowship Program Officer.
- Acts as a primary information contact responding to intra-office and public inquiries and requests for information and redirecting inquiries and requests as appropriate. Drafts and disseminates minutes from meetings and convenings.
- Drafts and edits correspondence and transcribe recorded notes, information and reports.
- Coordinates paperwork flow, including establishing and maintaining filing systems, correspondence, mail, and inter-office communications.
- Processes consulting and vendor contracts and invoices. Trains new team members on administrative procedures. Provides back-up support to other Program Assistants, Front Desk Reception, and staff colleagues as appropriate.
- Assists in creating timelines for grant program(s) and has primary responsibility for managing timelines to ensure processes stay on track.
- Responds to grant seeker questions related to TSFF grantmaking systems, timelines, forms completion, and processes.
- Reviews and/or tracks grantee submissions to ensure completeness and timely submissions and acquires missing documentation as needed.
- Accurately completes coding and information updates in the Foundation’s grantmaking and CRM systems.
- Drafts requests for waivers and expedite memos for review by the FAITHS Program Manager & Multicultural Fellowship Program Officer.
- Creates standard and customized reports utilizing several different applications/databases.
- Assists in training new team members on grantmaking systems and processes.
- Provides back-up support to Program Assistants and staff colleagues as appropriate.
- Conducts grantee/org research in support of donor stewardship and cultivation. Updates specific areas of the TSFF website for the programmatic team.
- Has primary responsibility for managing all logistical aspects of convenings and events that are hosted by the programmatic team.
- Tasks include but are not limited to vendor negotiation, ongoing communication with speakers and attendees, coordination with Marketing and Communications staff on collateral, tracking RSVPs, day-of-event management, monitoring expenditures, and final payment of invoices.
- Provides administrative support and coordination of specific tasks as assigned by the supervisor for ongoing or time-limited projects or programs within the core program team.
- A minimum of five years of solid administrative experience providing support and working on a team.
- Ability to balance competing priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Highly organized with a strong understanding and expertise in both computer and office systems.
- Works well under minimal supervision by taking initiative, ensuring successful project management, and timely completion of all tasks.
- Ease in producing quality work in a high-production environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, highly skilled with great attention to detail.
- Creates positive, long-term working relationships by demonstrating a commitment to customer service, tact, dependability, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of basic finance and accounting practices.
- Experience working in non-profit and/or philanthropy a plus.
- Undergraduate degree or combination of work experience and education preferred.
- Requires strong computer skills specifically in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and database applications. Familiarity with using SalesForce and/or Fluxx a plus.
- Commensurate with background and experience in addition to a competitive benefits package.
The San Francisco Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.