The Public Theateris looking for a full time Press Manager to work in Joe’s Pub. The Press Manager will strategize and execute publicity for 700+ annual performances, artistic programs, institutional efforts, and offsite events.
- Lead and execute publicity strategy for the venue, performances, and related programs and initiatives.
- Write and distribute press releases to local, mainstream, niche, and national outlets – print, web, TV, radio, etc.
- Pitch editors and writers for short and long lead placements ranging from listings to feature pieces.
- Communicate with artists and their teams to coordinate promotional efforts.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager on promotional strategy for venue, programs and shows, including cross-promo, sponsorships and more.
- Consult on promotional material production – photos, graphics, etc.
- Produce original digital content, from booking talent and tech to distribution strategy.
- Identify and pursue traditional and non-traditional opportunities to increase public awareness of the venue and artists.
- Manage and facilitate press requests, both onsite at performances and around
- Liaise with The Public’s Communications Department on cross-organization efforts.
- Manage extensive approval processes through the larger organization.
- Create awareness around new and existing initiatives at Joe’s Pub to capitalize on institutional promotional opportunities.
- Oversee social media strategy and execution with Communications Associate and digital consultant.
- Craft language and copy around new and existing projects as well as maintain style guidelines across promotions.
- Maintain archive of all Joe’s Pub-related stories, reviews, previews, photos and videos.
- Co-manage Communications Associate (with Joe’s Pub Marketing Manager).
- Support Joe’s Pub artist community through artist residencies, commissions and development programs
- Coordinate with house photographers / videographers for show coverage
- 5+ years press / media experience in music and performing arts or non-profit sector
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, adaptable, and systematic with strong time management skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team with the willingness to be cross-trained to cover for colleagues during leave, vacation as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly copywriting and editing.
- Proficiency with programs within Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms
- Working knowledge of the New York City music and performing arts scene, and those who cover it
- Self-motivated, creative, and forward thinker.
- Ability to work some nights and/or weekends to cover performances & greet press as needed
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org