Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Communications Coordinator will use their specialized talents and critical analysis to help promote Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS).The Communications Coordinator, under the supervision of the Communications Manager, assists with both the internal and external branding and communications for SFBFS, including marketing, social media, art direction, copywriting, Web site maintenance and advocacy.
The Communications Coordinator will (including but not limited to):
- Implement SFBFS' communication strategy through activities that promote, enhance and protect SFBFS' brand reputation, including consistent messaging
- Daily maintenance of SFBFS' Web sites and social media channels
- Assist in proofing and editing SFBFS' communications materials including marketing collateral, program flyers, electronic materials and other print publications
- Compile and distribute SFBFS' weekly internal memo
- Develop messages that elevate SFBFS’ brand and public policy priorities
- Promote SFBFS through organic and paid tactics to increase brand awareness, drive web traffic and expand online constituency (including e-mail subscribers and donors) with regards to advocacy
- Create online content (including video and social media) that engages different audiences to lead to measurable action and engagement
- Monitor, evaluate and report regularly on performance of social media accounts and their impact on organization and team-wide goals
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High School diploma or equivalent – some college coursework desired
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in design, communications, marketing, or related fields
- Knowledgeable and creative with utilization of new media technologies and experience creating cohesive messaging that reflect an organization’s overall brand identity, cultures and goals
- Strong written communication skills for various campaigns, platforms and audiences, with the ability to synthesize information quickly and communicate complex topics to various audiences
- Experience writing digital marketing pieces, publications, blog posts, press releases, etc.
- Experience creating visually appealing graphics, flyers, memes, etc. and filming/editing videos
- Experience with measuring and reporting on social media engagement
- Full-time, non-exempt position; Monday - Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed
- SFBFS’ Family Services campus location, with occasional travel to Food Bank Services campus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/retirement and more
How to Apply
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org (found here: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment) which should include three professional references for consideration. No phone calls please.