Cause Communications is growing! We are seeking a full-time Account Manager to support our social impact client work.
The Account Manager is a key implementer at Cause Communications. This individual works as part of a humming account services team, providing day-to-day account support and developing the award-winning strategic communications materials that Cause Communications has come to be known for over the past 40 years. This position reports to the Vice President and works closely with all members of the account team.
Strategic Marketing and Communications
- Provide strategic ideas and input for the development of marketing and communications projects, campaigns, and plans for clients
- Develop and practice integrated communications skills on behalf of clients including public relations, branding, advertising, media buys, web/online and interactive development, event planning, collateral development, and more
- Present new opportunities/strategies to senior staff to further develop the work of clients and/or potential new business opportunities
- Manage the implementation of research work, development of media lists, etc.
- Write positioning papers/memos for clients, proposals, and copy for collateral materials
- Create and pitch media stories
- Outreach to potential community and business partners for strategic alliances with clients
- Work on multiple account teams, seeking opportunities to exceed client expectations and strengthen client relationships
- Interact with clients in presentations, meetings, and as backup support to account leads
- Work in partnership with the Project Manager to ensure assigned projects are on deadline
- Prepare monthly qualitative client progress reports
New Business Development
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of new business proposals and pitches
- Attend new business meetings when appropriate
- Maintain solid client relationships for the purpose of generating new business opportunities
- Participate in networking opportunities including trainings, speaking engagements, and development of white papers, etc.
Agency Marketing and Promotion
- Create newsletter, web, and other promotional content to present Cause Communications’ capabilities and showcase our award-winning offerings for current and prospective clients
- Create and implement social media strategy to promote the agency to external audiences
- Draft award submissions and seek out/fulfill other opportunities to recognize our client work
- Draft conference submissions to highlight our work among our peers and develop our leadership role in the communications space locally and nationally
Education and Experience
- Five or more years of experience in marketing communications, public relations, advertising, or related field
- Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field preferred
- Agency experience strongly preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Impeccable communications skills, verbal and written
- Strong reading and writing skills, able to proofread and edit highly visible documents
- Solid knowledge of marketing communications, media relations, and creative services
- Comfortable speaking over the phone and in person, able to interact comfortably with a range of clients
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel. Must be able to work on a Mac platform
- Knowledge of Wordpress and Keynote a plus
How to Apply
If our mission and values align with yours, if your skills and experience match what we’ve outlined above and if you’re serious about having a positive impact on the world by using “Communications for Good,” we’d love to hear from you.
Please send resumes, cover letters and writing samples per the following instructions to Lori Mizuno at email@example.com
- Resume should include work experience, skills, education and salary history
Cover letter should include the following:
- Why do you want to work at Cause Communications?
- Why this position is attractive and would be satisfying?
- What do you bring to this position? How do your skills and experience match the job?
- Your desired career path
A brief professional writing sample (report, memo, correspondence) that illustrates your ability to describe an issue, articulate a plan and/or delineate next steps or recommendations. This document should be an example of your writing abilities, critical thinking, and mastery of form (i.e. layout, presentation, design, etc.)