Millions of Americans are underemployed while U.S. employers are struggling to find talent with the skills they need. Merit America is building a large-scale pathway to skilled careers with the goal of becoming the leading provider of accessible skill development for working adults without Bachelor's degrees. We do this by:
1) Partnering with leading employers, small to medium sized enterprises, and recruiters
2) Operating learning programs aligned to employer needs, which combine online learning + in-person wraparound support; and
3) Training Americans without college degrees to compete for in-demand roles.
Merit America is looking for a talented Communications & Operations Associate to help deliver and ensure the success of our Dallas site, with the goal of helping hundreds of Dallas Forth Worth adults advance their careers. With your help, Merit America will close the skills gap at scale. This role presents a significant growth opportunity to help build our program and local team, taking on increasing responsibility as the site grows from dozens to hundreds of learners, and thousands thereafter.
- Communication & Outreach (40%)
- Develop and maintain community relationship to promote Merit America's career development programs.
- Work with site team to develop organize/manage regular off-site marketing events.
- Assist with developing and overseeing the Volunteer/Mentoring Program.
- Schedule presentations to community groups.
- Create and manage e-newsletters and e-blats
- Maintain database of local partnerships.
- Execute Merit America's social media marketing strategy with consistent content generation.
- Assist Employer Partnerships Manager with sourcing and disseminating job opportunities as needed
- Operations & Administrative (30%)
- Conduct research, prepare reports and draft communications for funders, external partners, and learners
- Facilitate and document team meetings and decisions, assist Associate Site Director to ensure that overall planning remains on schedule.
- Input and update learners' progress in a CRM system and/or Excel tracking documents.
- Work with coaches and Associate Site Director to increase program operational efficiency.
- Maintain regular feedback and evaluation mechanisms for learners in the program and events.
- Assist site team in sourcing additional support for learners (job postings, low-cost computers, etc.)
- Assist in the ordering of supplies and marketing materials.
- Project and Event Management (30%)
- Manage Dallas site event calendar which includes program kickoffs, graduation, mock interview events, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee event planning and execution.
- Perform project and event specific outreach to nonprofits and other external partners.
At Merit America, we believe that if you can excel in the job, you should get the job - so we hire for skills, instead of specific experience or education requirements. That said, experience and education related to the skills outlined below is preferred:
- Relationship Building: Strong interpersonal skills and ability to form trust-based relationships with learners and other stakeholders. Comfortable with public speaking and excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Content Expertise: Experience with event planning, utilizing databases, social media preferred. Background in higher education or nonprofits in the workforce development space a plus but not required.
- Deep Empathy: Outstanding ability to understand and empathize with others, including people with diverse backgrounds and interests, and a commitment to improving the lives of underserved Americans.
- Operational excellence: Exceptional operational and organizational skills, and ability to manage your own schedule and balance multiple demands, with demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environments and solving problems creatively.
- Lifelong Learning: Commitment to lifelong learning and ongoing personal and professional development.
- Entrepreneurial Drive: Able to step up and run autonomously in ambiguous, quickly changing environments, including eagerness to help shape our start-up's future.
- Timing: Full-time position, with a flexible start date between Fall 2019 and early 2020. Interviews will start in September 2019.
- Compensation: $40K-$50k with comprehensive benefits.
Diversity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in workplaces that are fully inclusive, and include underrepresented individuals in terms of race, gender, and/or socio-economic status, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
How to Apply
You can go to Merit America home page and apply.
Or you can send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.