APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
APLA Health is currently seeking a Finance Director join our team! We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
- No weekend work! Work business hours Monday – Friday
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
The Finance Director is responsible for assisting with the financial management and compliance of the health center program, as well as overseeing grants management and budgeting. The position reports to the CFO, and works in collaboration with the Controller on grants management and accounting.
- Supervises grants manager and reviews grant budgets, budget modifications and invoices prior to final approval and signature by the CFO.
- Reviews grant billings and/or other revenue generating billings to assure revenue maximization.
- Works with grant manager and program staff on budgets and budget modifications; communicates variances to program staff as necessary.
- Manages internal procedures for monitoring of grant awards and work plans for compliance, and also ensures compliance with reimbursement protocols and procedures for funders and staff.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget and other budgets and financial forecasts.
- Manages the preparation and submission of annual Medi-Cal reconciliations and Medicare cost reports.
- Assists with the preparation of Medi-Cal PPS interim cost reports, final cost reports, and final cost report audits as required.
- Has thorough understanding of FQHC healthcare accounting and reporting practices including capitation transactions, cost reporting for regulating agencies such as Medicare, Medi-Cal, etc.
- Assists with the preparation of reports for the financial sections of the annual federal Unified Data Systems (UDS) and State of California OSHPD reports.
- Creates systems and reporting to support the organization’s strategic and financial models and processes as well as recommendations on accounting policies and procedures.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or other related field with at least seven years of finance and accounting experience required.
- Three years minimum supervising paid staff.
- CPA certification and/or MBA highly desired.
- Background in healthcare and managed care industry required.
- Experience at a Federally Qualified Health Center preferred.
- GAAP and related regulations as well as government and non-profit accounting and OMB Circulars.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Automated accounting packages, with Abila MIP Fund Accounting preferred.
- HRSA Section 330 grant requirements; Medi-Cal and Medicare requirements for FQHCs; healthcare accounting.
- Strong time management skills, including prioritization of multiple projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with strong work ethics.
- Committed to accurate and high quality work.
- Communicate effectively, persuasively and professionally, in both written and verbal forms, with a wide range of individuals, organizations and funding sources.
- Maturity and sound judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
How to Apply
Visit our website at www.aplahealth.org to apply or click the link below: