Founded in Queens in 2008 and building on the legacy and proven model of Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammed Yunus, Grameen America is dedicated to helping entrepreneurial women who live in poverty build businesses to enable financial mobility. We provide microloans, financial training and other support to our members as part of our program.
About the Job
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic, growing, mission driven organization in the critical role of finding and hiring the best available talent. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, you will be an integral part of the HR team and will closely partner with all hiring managers and appropriate program staff to support their hiring goals. You will play a key role in driving our recruitment strategy and day-to-day execution while ensuring a best-in-class candidate experience. This is a contract position with an initial term of 6 months, with a possibility for contract renewal or full-time role. The role will be based at our headquarters office in New York with possible periodic visits to our branches.
Vice President Human Resources
Our ideal candidate will be a key part of building out and managing our talent pipeline, with a work ethic that values attention to detail and professional communication skills, in a multi-cultural, mission focused and fast paced work environment. The position will be involved in all aspects of the recruitment process, from sourcing and pre-screening candidates to selection, final hiring and help with onboarding. We need you to be well versed on using technology, social media and creative recruitment techniques. You should also be willing to help train hiring managers on interviewing techniques. A positive attitude and sense of humor is important as well. Specifically, you will need to:
- Learn all aspects of the Grameen loan program and its current staffing structure;
- Identify and implement new and creative sourcing strategies as well as utilize traditional methods of identifying candidates, including methods of finding passive candidates;
- Develop and maintain partnerships with community groups, colleges, high schools and other social service and similar organizations serving GAI area communities
- Coordinate and conduct resume screens, phone interviews and in-person interviews;
- Conduct branch and center visits autonomously, with members of GAI team, and with external partners as needed;
- Partner with hiring managers to support them in obtaining the right talent to fit their needs in both the short and long term, including training them on interviewing;
- Post open positions and maintaining recruitment metrics for open positions;
- Prepare search status reports and participate in status meetings on open positions;
- Manage candidate relationship, experience and process from initial screening through selection;
- Assist on aspects of onboarding;
- Maintain highest standards of confidentiality and integrity with respect to sensitive information;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in recruitment
- Fluency in English; Proficiency in Spanish
- Customer service orientation
- Relationship building and marketing skills
- Ability to connect to, and communicate with, all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate competing priorities, maintain composure and remain position under pressure
- Team player
- High standards of integrity, accuracy and precision
- Familiarity with Excel/Word/Power Point, applicant tracking systems, social media
- Effective presentation skills across a range of internal and external audiences
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to GAI’s mission, values and culture
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter stating your qualifications for the job and your salary requirements to email@example.com with the title Contract Recruiter in the subject line of the email.