The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is the Commonwealth’s largest postsecondary institution serving more than 100,000 students through 16 colleges with more than 70 campuses. We also are Kentucky’s largest provider of workforce and online education. Through partnerships with business and industry, we align our programs to meet the needs of local employers. Our colleges are united in their commitment to making life better for our students, communities and the citizens of Kentucky.
Provides primary executive support for the vice president including internal and external coordination of business related to Institutional Advancement and the KCTCS Foundation. This includes project management external constituent relationships on behalf of the system and in the interests of colleges. These efforts would include coordinating the numerous requests for vice president to maximize efforts of leadership, support and services, and support that are provided to college presidents and their chief advancement officers.
Serving as the primary liaison for the KCTCS Foundation Board would include but is not limited to the following; Managing overall communication and logistics for board leadership. Initiating, managing and coordinating communication for the board. Organizing and providing administrative support and planning for board and committee meetings, strategic planning sessions, board retreats, and related events. Be responsive to the needs of the KCTCS Foundation Board and helping record and track their progress toward goal.
Providing executive support to the vice president in the Office Institutional Advancement would include but is not limited to the following; Initiating confidential research prior to meetings with external constituents. Compiling notes on meetings with external constituents to tracking action steps and provide prompts for follow-up activity. Serving as a project manager for Institutional Advancement and KCTCS Foundation Board business. Acting as first contact for information, policy, and requests for decision. Coordinating calendars and meeting details for interactions with external constituents, proofing written correspondence and making initial drafts of correspondence.
This position is located in Versailles, KY.
KCTCS offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation and creativity. Positions with the KCTCS System Office are term-contract positions, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance.
- Serves as primary contact for the KCTCS Foundation Board including responsibility to organize board and committee meeting logistics and materials, coordinate and initiate communications (including responsibility to manage the online board portal). Track KCTCS Foundation Board action items and performance—all in a timely fashion and with an attitude of customer service.
- Serves as principal liaison between the vice president and external constituents as logistical lead for sensitive information and high-level external contacts (e.g. C-Suite). This includes a responsibility for confidentiality and to securely manage information. Initiates weekly constituent research reports and briefings in advance of external meetings. Coordinates logistics, obtains answers, and verifies policy questions on behalf of the vice president and the KCTCS Foundation Board.
- Drafts confidential correspondence, memorandums, and reports and any other logistics needed to enable the vice president to maximize efforts of leadership, support and services. Responsible for the coordination of the vice president’s meeting schedules, travel, calendar, special events. Performs general support duties in coordination with other administrative staff in the vice president’s area to include receptionist-greeting visitors, answering phone, distributing mail, etc. Performs other office duties as assigned. Maintain professional decorum within the vice president’s area at times.
- Oversees the tracking and production of a monthly and annual performance dashboards (i.e. budgetary, goals, active projects, et cetra). Provides this information and counsel to vice president and the KCTCS Foundation Board chair for decision making toward goals.
- Provides first point of contact and coordination for the vice president and the KCTCS Foundation Board, primarily for external constituents and college leadership, regarding issues that affect the daily operations of the unit. Responsible to independently provide correct information and resolution. Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Range Minimum to Midpoint (Annually)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of relevant experience.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Initial review of applicants will begin on September 23, 2019
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
How to Apply
To apply, visit http://systemoffice.kctcs.edu and click on “Job-Seekers”