The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus — thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today — we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $100 million annually. Today, the Foundation’s staff comprises approximately 150 full-time employees.
About the team:
The Development Operations and Revenue Analytics team (DORA) is integral in helping the Michael J. Fox Foundation scale its mission, principally through an expanded revenue base. A strong DevOps function drives revenue growth by reducing the time relationship managers spend on administrative tasks, streamlining the stewardship process and improving the engagement experience for MJFF constituents.
The Development Operations Associate focuses on supporting DORA team operations, owning and executing programs, and driving process improvement strategy.
Given the Foundation’s commitment to urgency and resourcefulness, it is expected that the Associate’s learning curve and responsibilities will develop and deepen in a relatively short timeframe. An ideal candidate will be an approachable problem-solver who brings a sense of customer service to interactions with constituents, teammates, and colleagues. The position will report to the Senior Associate Director, Stewardship Tools and Processes
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop proficiency in our donor database, Salesforce, in order to become a primary resource for any database questions.
- Leverage CRM and other business intelligence tools to provide operations support for digital initiatives driven by the fundraising teams.
- Monitor data quality dashboards to maintain quality of data related to revenue and constituents.
- Provide operational support for stewardship events
- Manage Annual Report project, coordination between teams, list pulls for mailing, data pulls for content, and process.
- Manage Giving Tuesday Campaign creation and execution.
- Create and deploy processes for account assignment/deassignment. Leverage CRM to support strategy to track account history.
- Support Research Partnerships with grant submission process. Strategize tools to better streamline submissions and tracking.
- Own onboarding process for new hires to the Development team; work with business intelligence tool owners to set up access and trainings.
- Meet with Development team on an ongoing basis to best understand their needs.
- Monitor status on charity ‘watchdogs’ and provide updated information to platforms when needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 – 3 years professional experience in a Sales / Development or a Sales Operations / Development Operations role.
- Undergraduate degree in related field (including, but not limited to: business, marketing, analytics, economics, engineering, management)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate confidently and empathetically with both internal external stakeholders.
- Experience Salesforce (or other CRM) and MS Office, especially Excel.
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Domo, etc), a plus.
- Extremely organized with ability to think big picture while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs without explicit direction; comfortable with shifting roles and responsibilities.
- Ideal candidate will:
- be a proactive, self-directed and approachable problem-solver who brings a sense of urgency and customer service to interactions with constituents, teammates, and colleagues.
- be an effective team player who demonstrates positive mentality, collaborative approach to problem-solving and comfort in navigating ambiguity.
- embody civility, customer service, entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic.
- demonstrate a collaborative, interactive work style with an eagerness to learn.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
Please apply via this Link: