Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Office Manager is responsible for the administrative operations of the Washington, D.C. office. S/he ensures its efficient daily functioning and is the initial point of contact for most AJC visitors, callers, and vendors, and therefore often represents the first face of the organization to the public. The Office Manager serves as an extension of AJC’s Facilities, Security, and IT teams in D.C.
The Office Manager does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
The Office Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the office and ensures the efficient functioning, safety, and professionalism of AJC’s Washington, DC office by overseeing the physical space, enforcing policies, and creating a welcoming environment for AJC staff, lay leaders, and other guests.
- Create operational and financial efficiencies through improvements to existing systems (ex. payment of invoices, use of IT contractor on-site);
- Provide IT/technical support to staff in the DC office, minimizing need for IT contractor, and working in close coordination with AJC IT team;
- Ensure the safety of D.C. staff by enforcing office security policies and serving as an extension of the NY Security team, partnering with them, when appropriate;
- Manage relationship with sublessee and liaise with the building management on their behalf when necessary;
- Serve as point of contact for building management and maintenance, as well as oversee relations with all outside vendors and service providers;
- Oversee any and all construction projects in the D.C. office.
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs to physical space, office equipment, and appliances.
- Answer phones, monitor entry and exit of guests, and enforce adherence to visitor policy;
- Process and pay office invoices;
- Reconcile credit card and personal expenses for Chief Policy and Diplomatic Affairs Officer;
- Order office and kitchen supplies, maintain inventory, ensure that necessary items are on hand;
- Set up and prepare workstations for new staff and assist with onboarding process;
- Assure orderliness of physical space including conference rooms, kitchen, and other common areas;
- Distribute mail daily;
- Monitor usage of A/V equipment;
- Oversee conference room calendars and conference call line;
- Distribute and track key fobs, key cards, and keys.
- At least five years’ work experience in an office environment as office support staff
- Must be comfortable enforcing policies among peers and those senior to her/him
- Ability and willingness to deliver “platinum customer service” to guests and callers of AJC
- Ability to problem solve, be entrepreneurial, work independently, and take initiative;
- Capacity to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and set priorities;
- The ability to work collaboratively with a multi-departmental staff;
- Patience, good spirit, and a sense of humor;
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and communication skills with an eye toward detail and precision;
- A demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards and values consistent with those of AJC
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r1wpinhc051lrm4/