Partners for Progressive Israel is dedicated for the achievement of a durable and just peace between Israel and all its neighbors, especially the Palestinian people, based on a negotiated two-state solution. And just as importantly, Partners is dedicated to the realization of human and civil rights, equality and social justice for all of Israel’s inhabitants – regardless of ethnic/religious identity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.
We are seeking a temporary full-time staff to work out of our New York City office to: 1) coordinate the National 2019-2020 WZC election campaign for Partners participation in the Hatikvah Progressive Israel Voice Slate and 2) to assist the Director in admin and programmatic functions of the organization.
As Campaign Coordinator, she/he will work closely with the Campaign Manager in all that is needed to ultimately to get people to vote. The Coordinator will handle much of the daily business including sending email blasts, updating Partners’ website, managing the Slate, overseeing the mass mailing as well as participating in the social media for the campaign.
As Administrative Coordinator, she/he will assist the Director in outreach initiatives, fundraising activities and to handle much of the daily business of the office including sending email blasts, post on our website and other general administrative tasks. She/he will report to the Director and will also have opportunity to work with Board of Directors.
Responsibilities will include the following, but may also change per the requirements of the campaign.
- Implementation of campaign strategy, including assisting with all voter appeals and organizing possible events during the campaign.
- Manage the Slate (making sure those people on the Slate have done all the requirements)
- Research prospective voters.
- Coordinate event planning and execution.
- Assist in website updates and social media promotions.
- Assist with fundraising appeals and donor database updates.
- Provide general support in campaign and office administration.
- Good writing skills
- Be a detail-oriented person and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Bring positive and professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of Israel required.
- Previous experience in administrative, communications, and event organizing is preferred.
- Familiarity with the WZC is an advantage, though not required.
- Fluency in Hebrew is a big advantage, though not required.
We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter and is comfortable with multi-tasking as well as have passion for Israel and the political process. Job would begin immediately and will continue through the election ending in mid-March with a possibility of it extending longer.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line "Campaign/Administrative Coordinator."