An Employment/ Life Skills Specialist to provide direct client services in the areas of employment counseling, client needs/skills assessment, vocational evaluation and training, to identify existing education and training programs and facilitate client enrollment, and to perform job development and paid internship placements with employers.
- Interview, counsel, and guide diverse population of clients toward employability, including first-time workers, domestic violence survivors, unstably housed individuals, and displaced home-makers.
- Assess each client's education and work experience level and match each individual with the appropriate job, training or education program based on readiness.
- Contact public and private employers in order to develop work opportunities, or on-the-job training opportunities such as paid internships, for program enrollees.
- Monitor each enrollee's progress
- Continually expand the program's network of employers and educational opportunities by performing ongoing marketing and networking activities.
- Provide training workshops, presentations, individual career counseling and job coaching to program enrollees.
Chief Program Officer
Provide direct client services in the areas of employment counseling, client needs/skills assessment, vocational evaluation and training, identify existing education and training programs and facilitate client enrollment, and perform job development and paid internship placements with employers.
Requirements: Must have a bachelors degree. Master's degree preferred but not required. Minimum of 3 years professional experience providing human services to an at-risk population. Must have a working knowledge of issues involving homelessness, low-income and low educational attainment, domestic violence, mental health, trauma, correctional histories, and substance use. Must be able to create and maintain a network of employers to participate in the program. Must have strong database management and written communication skills.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, 4 Weeks PTO to start, 9 paid holidays
Must be willing to travel between program sites, and to meet with prospective employers and education program directors. Must have a valid Driver's License and a clean license history. Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PPT, and Publisher are necessary. Bilingual Spanish helpful, but not required. Applicants should expect to use their own vehicle to travel between program sites at least part of the time.
How to Apply
Send a MS Word or PDF cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax copies to (914) - 686 - 3077. Job inquires by phone will not be accepted.