The Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) is devoted to working with the private sector to ensure the health of our nation’s youth by helping solve the childhood obesity epidemic within a generation. Founded in 2010 in conjunction with Former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! Initiative, PHA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit that is led by some of the nation’s most respected health and childhood obesity advocates.
PHA is looking for a Communications Manager to join our team and help us continue to build a healthier food system and culture in America. You’ll be part of PHA’s Communications team, working closely with our VP of Marketing and Communications.
- Managing Social Media channels, including launching and managing new campaigns and drafting and scheduling social media content.
- Creating graphics for social media using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, along with basic design projects, such as brochures and other collateral.
- Working with internal and external authors to create digital content, including drafting blog posts, e-mails and other digital content for the website.
- Helping to produce and execute events, including a world-class summit engaging business, corporate, government and celebrities around a 10-year anniversary celebration of PHA.
- Growing and maintaining PHA’s digital channels and audiences using best practices and creative campaign ideas.
- Supporting media relations work through drafting press releases, coordinating with partners, pitching media, drafting op-eds and other written communications.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree.
- A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience in some combination of communications, content management, media relations, email programs/campaigns and/or social media.
- Experience in graphic design for digital and traditional formats, especially experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Experience with Cision and media list management.
- Experience with Pardot or other e-mail marketing platforms.
- Experience in driving successful social media campaigns and fluency in multiple social media platforms.
- Excellent writing and communications skills for multiple audiences, including internal and external audiences, across various digital channels.
- A thorough understanding of the technical aspects of web and digital communications functionality.
PHA offers competitive compensation and benefits.
The Partnership for a Healthier America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PHA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, PHA ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org