Urban Arts Partnership has a budget of $6.5M and is a cutting edge community of inspired, driven, creative professionals. UAP was founded in 1991 on the belief that the arts are essential to human development, education and culture. Our mission is to advance the intellectual, social and artistic development of underserved public school students through arts-integrated education programs designed to help close the achievement gap. Through in-school and out-of-school original programming, we partner with teachers to inspire classrooms and empower students to become leaders in their schools and communities.
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for leading UAP’s Philanthropic giving strategy which leverages a growing Board of Directors as a key fundraising engine for the organization. The Director of Philanthropy will be responsible for overseeing a $1.6M portfolio of unrestricted giving, (Board, Individuals, Events & Corporations) as well as contributing to a growing Foundation portfolio of $1.1M. The Director of Philanthropy oversees a staff of 3, and reports to the CEO.
- Leveraging & Building The Board
The Director of Philanthropy works closely with the Board to help meet and exceed a $25,000 give/get requirement through our annual gala, corporate donations and individual gifts for a total of $1.2M. The Director of Philanthropy will drive an aggressive Board building initiative increasing the size of the Board from 20 to 25 and building a new Creative Professionals Board of ten $5-10K donors.
- Individual & Corporate Giving
The Director of Philanthropy oversees a growing portfolio of $400K in Individual & Corporate Giving through sourcing and cultivating new and existing Individual and corporate prospects.
- Foundation Giving
The Director of Philanthropy collaborates with the CEO, Director of Institutional Giving and Development Staff to grow our current portfolio of Foundation prospects to $1.1M.
The ideal candidate:
- Is deeply passionate about arts education to help young people realize their potential
- Is a seasoned professional who brings with them a reputation built over years of excellence
- Is a strong leader who has demonstrated results in leading diverse teams to excel
- Is a strategic thinker, matching efforts to outcomes
- Has superior knowledge of fundraising best practices and is always looking to learn more and improve
- Has a demonstrated record of successfully closing major gifts
- Has excellent research, writing, and interpersonal communication skills
- Has proficiency in UAP’s donor tracking systems
- Is a compelling storyteller and loves to fundraise
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send a cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Philanthropy” in the subject line.